What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2006 Renegade has some rust under the paint on the left side of the third brake light

Bruceb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever replaced the oem Hella top bumper fogs with anything else? If I could find something that I can use the same mounting bolt, and just solder into the 2 wires of the old lights I'd give it a shot.

Slow time of year at work, so I loaded the battle wagon with my mountain bike (which I rigged an old Thule rack so it sits in the back), and an inflatable paddleboard. Had a local adventure today, Friday may be Tahoe bound!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever replaced the oem Hella top bumper fogs with anything else? If I could find something that I can use the same mounting bolt, and just solder into the 2 wires of the old lights I'd give it a shot.

Slow time of year at work, so I loaded the battle wagon with my mountain bike (which I rigged an old Thule rack so it sits in the back), and an inflatable paddleboard. Had a local adventure today, Friday may be Tahoe bound!

Yep, lots of replaced them, problem is they are a very thin fog light so lots of other brands will not work. BUT easy fix, use the stock mounting hole to mount a short piece of flatsteel and bolt the light to it, wire to stock wiring and have fun

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a trailer harness then used it. Pulled a zero turn mower home that my parents bought for me.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove mine all week... About 400 miles commuting... Nothing broke... Victory!

:winner_third_h4h::dancingpoop::happy160:

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the last 10 days drove from Maryland to Georgia to West Virginia to Maryland and then to Virginia...getting a little saddle soar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I replaced mine with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I12C08/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on the 06 Renegade
Didn't have to solder anything as the connectors are the same as OEM but did have to remove the grill cover

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just drove it 130 miles down to the farm, mowed over 5 acres, ran weedeater all around,hung out with the parents. I checked out the planned future cabin site and found 3 places where my living room will be where deer have bedded down. Guess they have already moved in :happy175:

Dbo888

Reaction score
This should be a great thread that we can keep going. That way we can all keep up with the small day to day tinkering and give some ideas to those looking to do something! Pics are strongly encouraged!!! (Cheers)
Hey Digg, I just joined JeepKG.com and have been trying to post a question. I hope you don't mind and hopefully you could help me. I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty. My back brake light is out despite the fuse, wiring and bulb are all in good shape. What good the problem be. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just drove it 130 miles down to the farm, mowed over 5 acres, ran weedeater all around,hung out with the parents. I checked out the planned future cabin site and found 3 places where my living room will be where deer have bedded down. Guess they have already moved in :happy175:

Sounds good to me. You need a neighbor? :happy175:

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 no rust

03 "very slight" surface on one front door at bottom,

05 no rust

Last year, had to have my windshield removed at a body shop because it had rusted through the top. I was going to have my WS replaced but they would do it because of the rust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok back in photo posting business..
Did some checks today after washing Jeep/ parked under a tree & bird droppings.
Considering how hot it is, the Mopar rad hose from 2 years ago has not swelled or deformed.
59792[/ATTACH]"]

A/C is still working well within specs..
59794[/ATTACH]"]

Air filter check...
59796[/ATTACH]"]

Coolant level hot, coolant still clean, but should do a flush this fall anyways.
59798[/ATTACH]"]

Nice to report the Gates belt is very tight with minimal wear.
59800[/ATTACH]"]

Power Steering level looks good too.
59802[/ATTACH]"]

BTW it ***** to be a Mini-Van !!
59804[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• ruZhY17.jpg
    ruZhY17.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
  • iHqTFQi.jpg
    iHqTFQi.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 0
  • NAP95ns.jpg
    NAP95ns.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
  • u84z5Jc.jpg
    u84z5Jc.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • R8BdGPk.jpg
    R8BdGPk.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
  • yHI8tga.jpg
    yHI8tga.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Q95EeRM.jpg
    Q95EeRM.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^"high life.....low life"........LOL

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to go start it this morning...no crank. No lights. No door locks. Nothing. Dead as a doornail. What gives?? I just drove it yesterday. Had no problems restarting it down the road after I dropped my buddy off at his house.