What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's what I call them.

I was a PT major for 2 years before I switched schools and majors, so I feel I'm entitled ;)

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Aunt was one for 35 years, man the stories she can tell .....:happy175:

ive got some great ones just in my first year haha makes that 8 years of school worth it...

also a "physical terrorist" would be one of the more complimentary things ive been called

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off to get the rust on the driver's side front door taken care of. Working at a command with civilians that do auto work on the side is nice.:gr_grin:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pain is merely weakness leaving the body.

bring on the PT!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to buy and sell Chevrolet Impalas, ( huge seller in bigger cities ) Would find them in the south, fly down grab them bring them north to resell.
ANYWAYs everyone that came out of Florida ( lots of salt in the air ) I had to check the bottom of the doors really close, most were gone even though no other rust on the body.
So its not just a Jeep KJ thing

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually got pretty lucky with the rust on mine. It's just the bottom
Of the doors and 3rd brake light
I plan on finding a way to grind it off , seal it and maybe do a bed liner spray from the bottom edge of the doors down to the bottom of the rockers. Then re spray with the black paint code.

The 3rd brake light well that's a mess....

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't have any rust on my doors....even the XJ barely had some when I got it and it was a Chicago Jeep for the past 20 years.

But I do see a lot of KJs around here with the beetus

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe water gets stuck between the door and the body. notice that every time the jeep gets washed.

also the factory weather stripping around the 3rd brake light is not good.
Highly recommend to add your own.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been seeing a lot around here with bad rust on the right rear right behind the rear roof rail mounting. 2 that I see daily I think you could stick your fist in.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i believe water gets stuck between the door and the body. notice that every time the jeep gets washed.

also the factory weather stripping around the 3rd brake light is not good.
Highly recommend to add your own.

x2 and there's those tabs that rub through the paint so rust can start easier, I cut those tabs off in 2008 or 2009 I think. :happy175:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, understandable...it's for a good purpose...thanks!

The only spot I've seen signs of rust on mine is there's rust drips in the area under the tail gate glass. The 3rd brake light area is spotless. Under the trim for the roof rails is spotless. I've seen a few bubbles on that seam where it's spot welded that runs under the tailgate glass, so I guess that's where it's coming from. Not really getting worse.

The WK was a rust trap. It had it in most of the doors, along the bottom and sides of the tail gate, and in the front fenders starting. I think I got it too late to save it...it was 4 years old already when I got it.