What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I broke it again...........................

Brake checked a lowered civic(totalled it by the way,Riddler diff cover=1 and civic=0) but broke the L/F caliper and bent the mounting bracket which cut into the rim.Must have been a bad remaned caliper I guess but I did lock up all 4 wheels which is alot of stress with brakes not exactly designed for a 6200+lbs vehicle.

15 year old didn't have insurance either:favorites68:

Sorry no pics of his car but took out the bumper(and both annoying pink HID's),hood,core support,radiator/AC condenser,cooling fan,intake manifold,PS pump(and all brackets),and sheared the valve cover and cams off the head when he went under the rear of my KJ.The gas tank skid did all of that and he finally stopped when he met my rear diff cover,not a scratch on the gas tank skid(Kilby gas tank skid).

Kilby does it job once again!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moved the storage trailer from one spot in the yard to another, so I could do work there.

You must be registered for see images

think it's both a little heavy and loaded badly. :D
normal height in the back is ~36" at the fender. it was at ~31" when I parked it.
not going OTR with it though so i'm not worrying. it's just to hold all my crap from the old tents, so I can remove them and finish the pad, until the new shed arrives, in 8 days!!! :mfr_omg::help::025:

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moved the storage trailer from one spot in the yard to another, so I could do work there.

You must be registered for see images

think it's both a little heavy and loaded badly. :D
normal height in the back is ~36" at the fender. it was at ~31" when I parked it.
not going OTR with it though so i'm not worrying. it's just to hold all my crap from the old tents, so I can remove them and finish the pad, until the new shed arrives, in 8 days!!! :mfr_omg::help::025:

That's just about how I blew my shocks. You need the Monroes!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke it again...........................

Brake checked a lowered civic(totalled it by the way,Riddler diff cover=1 and civic=0) but broke the L/F caliper and bent the mounting bracket which cut into the rim.Must have been a bad remaned caliper I guess but I did lock up all 4 wheels which is alot of stress with brakes not exactly designed for a 6200+lbs vehicle.

15 year old didn't have insurance either:favorites68:

Sorry no pics of his car but took out the bumper(and both annoying pink HID's),hood,core support,radiator/AC condenser,cooling fan,intake manifold,PS pump(and all brackets),and sheared the valve cover and cams off the head when he went under the rear of my KJ.The gas tank skid did all of that and he finally stopped when he met my rear diff cover,not a scratch on the gas tank skid(Kilby gas tank skid).

Both you and the kid that hit you are the type of people that make driving suck. Road rage kills. This was both of your faults and I feel no sympathy for you.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's just about how I blew my shocks. You need the Monroes!

If I were having to drive it like that, I'd be worried.
I literally drove the trailer forward 10 feet, turned it to back it in next to the shed (30 foot distance) and parked it.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got irritated by the clunking in the tail gate area..no not suspension, that's all new :D

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did nothing with it today but drive it to the dealership to get myself a Challenger, oh boy this is gonna be fun :gr_grin:
I've never owned a V8 before, considering I'm young but I'm proud that I was able to purchase one of my dream cars at this age
Let the fun begin!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice, that's the only way to enjoy a muscle car. I thinking anything but a V8 in one is like a 2wd Jeep, for looks only. Post some pics!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both you and the kid that hit you are the type of people that make driving suck. Road rage kills. This was both of your faults and I feel no sympathy for you.

Sad thing is it wasn't road rage.I didn't even now he was behind me till he honked his horn and couldn't even see him,only could see some pink light.

Eitherway the cops said it was 100% his fault anyways with 3 witnesses which one was his passenger.

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is it wasn't road rage.I didn't even now he was behind me till he honked his horn and couldn't even see him,only could see some pink light.

Eitherway the cops said it was 100% his fault anyways with 3 witnesses which one was his passenger.

Off topic but is that your orange Liberty in your sig pic? I'm new to the forum and would love to see that thing! Pre accident lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd bet $6 and my left nut that it doesn't look any different after the accident!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, that's the only way to enjoy a muscle car. I thinking anything but a V8 in one is like a 2wd Jeep, for looks only. Post some pics!

I will tomorrow! She'll be my nice weather/show off vehicle only though
I'm keeping the KJ for winter use and whenever I need it for heavy work
It's crazy how much different a V8 sounds compared to the KJ with a Super 44
The Hemi just kicks your ass into the back seat :happy175:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I miss the power from the Hemi Durango I had, that thing would be getting scratch going into second if you floored it. Loved seeing that smoke in the rear view mirror. :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Never even got in the KJ today, day off, just puttered around in the garage, changing a few things on it.
Trying to figure if I want to install any of the 4 pair of LEDs I have sitting around on the front
Missing my old 3 car garage right about now , not enough room where I am now
Plus my garage and driveway was always full on weekends :gr_grin:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Whatever is being done on that WK looks less painful than all the work mine needed....i.e. evaporator core, blower motor, trans issues LOL :D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic but is that your orange Liberty in your sig pic? I'm new to the forum and would love to see that thing! Pre accident lol

I'd bet $6 and my left nut that it doesn't look any different after the accident!

Yeah looks exactly the same but with a little white paint on the rear diff cover.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beauty mark.
battle scar.
same difference.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Missing my old 3 car garage right about now , not enough room where I am now...
I have an offer in on a house. If everything goes well, I will have a two-car garage + extra workspace in the garage, along with enough room to park three or four Jeeps outside.

The invitation for the meet & greet will go out once I'm settled in, assuming nothing goes wrong between now and mid-March. The BBQ and cold drinks will be on me. :D

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything Jeep is highway robbery in Australia the timing gear kit itself cost me $460 to ship it over to go into an independent Auto parts supplier over $800 only reason I did thus one was it was already in the shop and I couldn't afford to wait

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is there supposed to be a period or three in there someplace? I have enough trouble reading - maybe getting dyslexic in my old age. Maybe it's your smartphone, but not smart enough to include a period on the keyboard. :rolleyes:

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be a period or three in there someplace? I have enough trouble reading - maybe getting dyslexic in my old age. Maybe it's your smartphone, but not smart enough to include a period on the keyboard. :rolleyes:

Bully[emoji23]

Latest posts

Members online