What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What glue for the rad stopped the leak there Tom?

I know all too well it is not a permanent repair, but didn't have time to buy one, parts stores all closed, so had to go go go go
But Loctite Epoxy Plastic bonder . 3450 PSI rating
For PVC, Polycarbonates, Acrylics, ABS, FRP, and other plastics.
Cleaned it well with Jax Wax engine / tire etc cleaner, washed it down.
Over 950 miles now
Radiator ordered though

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol still amazed how many ppl globally who drink fosters here in Oz we invented it and we hate it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol still amazed how many ppl globally who drink fosters here in Oz we invented it and we hate it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Definitely not a beer I'll drink again. They tried to give us Fosters on one of our beer days on my first deployment. I quickly gave away my 2 beers to someone else.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know all too well it is not a permanent repair, but didn't have time to buy one, parts stores all closed, so had to go go go go
But Loctite Epoxy Plastic bonder . 3450 PSI rating
For PVC, Polycarbonates, Acrylics, ABS, FRP, and other plastics.
Cleaned it well with Jax Wax engine / tire etc cleaner, washed it down.
Over 950 miles now
Radiator ordered though

I'll keep that in mind! Used jbweld on mine, which lasted until my radiator came in, but could physically feel it getting softer by the day and ended up leaking by the time my rad arrived

I used JB weld and some sort of aquatic boat/fishtank sealer over top. Held for 10k miles before leaks sprung elsewhere!

This JB weld specifically: https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...0189012&lsft=gclid:CJCyy83sg9ECFQdWDQodd3wCyA

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i organized my stock pile of old suspension parts, factory wheels, coil packs, water pump, etc.... and my stock pile of new stuff waiting to be put on like rear LCAs, front LBJs, tran oil and filter, IRO arm, . Still waiting on the bracket to come and the front 4.10 carrier assembly

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used JB weld and some sort of aquatic boat/fishtank sealer over top. Held for 10k miles before leaks sprung elsewhere!

This JB weld specifically: https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...0189012&lsft=gclid:CJCyy83sg9ECFQdWDQodd3wCyA

I mean, I probably ran JBWELD (that same JBWELD as in your link) without any other sealant for at least 15k minimum (was at college and waiting until Christmas break to buy a replacement) but you could actually see and feel it get flimsier each time you checked it..
Almost turned rubbery. So it is a viable fix for awhile, but started to bubble off around the sides of where I had it placed.. plus I think I put a layer on, let it cure, put another layer on, let it cure, and put another layer on... so it was pretty thick LOL.. whether that's good or bad is opinionated, but IMO, easy fix until you get you rad in.
But as for toms fix I'm still gunna keep it in mind, because I like to see how different products perform compared to others..

The back half of my undercarriage is POR15, whereas the front crossmember and radiator support are a rustoleum product.. Just so that I can see the difference in what holds up better throughout the years. (Rad support was equally as rusty as the rear undercarriage so thought it would be a perfect comparison)

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested my new lift on an abandoned logging road today. Bumpy, muddy, icy and fun as hell. Followed that road to a dead end, almost got stuck and almost ran out of gas. Gotta remember to check that gauge before taking off like that. :gr_grin:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested my new lift on an abandoned logging road today. Bumpy, muddy, icy and fun as hell. Followed that road to a dead end, almost got stuck and almost ran out of gas. Gotta remember to check that gauge before taking off like that. :gr_grin:

Yaaaasssss.:happy175::gr_grin:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:gr_grin: just wait, it only get worse. Its to the point where my gf will point out random trails we see so I can turn around and go explore them.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed the salt off for my wife!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Santa brings lots of toys to your Jeeps (Santa is bringing my wife Weathertech mats, a beach scene spare tire cover and remote start). :)

Scott

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removed engine. :dancingpoop:

That was fun...

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to whom it may apply. :happy160:

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And today the Liberty substituted for Santa's sleigh taking presents to my wife's parents house.

I mentioned that maybe we needed to use the roof rack but for some reason my wife didn't agree... :)

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online