What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out my drivers seat was no longer attached to the floor. The seat had 4 cracks in the seat frame. Then when I got the replacement seat, I found that it Also had 2 broken seat brackets, and that the seat frame was really bent up. Long story short we had to fab up new seat brackets and we had to unbend the frame.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed xmas goodies and changed the front different oil
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to look at this today and wound up bringing it home. Felt a bit sorry for it. An 05 with only 44k. Sounds great but sometimes too little is as bad as too much use. It needs a few things. I hope that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I remember when my husband's cousin bought his '07 with only 16k miles on it, right about the time I got my '05 with 79k miles on it, his wife was ******** about all the things they had to replace on an essentially new Jeep.

Um, it's really never been driven and it's lived outside on dirt. You expected rubber and plastic to stay intact??? It needed 5 new tires, all new hoses and an AC compressor (the clutch died and it was much faster to get a new compressor and have my HVAC-R husband install it). And that was it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like this one had some consistent basic service done based on the Carfax but still, 4k average per year could be a bad thing. I test drove it and then drove it home and the ****** felt real good, brakes were great and the suspension was firm and quiet. No noises or rattles except one speaker needs to be refoamed and the PS had a pretty bad whine. Don't think that had ever been serviced in the 11+ years and the fluid looked dirty. I'll try the quicky flush this weekend to see if it helps. The other little things include doing all the fluids myself since couldn't find any evidence the ******, tcase or diffs had ever been touched. Probably need tires soon but ok for now.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
messed with front ds and put plugs in the holes where the spare used to be....tomorrow it gets new LBJs again and rear LCAs should also arrive ...after that i will have replaced every suspension part front and rear except the clevis....not sure how i feel about that haha .....oh yeah broke :gr_grin:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
messed with front ds and put plugs in the holes where the spare used to be....tomorrow it gets new LBJs again and rear LCAs should also arrive ...after that i will have replaced every suspension part front and rear except the clevis....not sure how i feel about that haha .....oh yeah broke :gr_grin:

Finally got my flex joints for the IRO arm. How's yours riding?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

How are you replacing the LBJs?

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought set of 04 Moab's for once I'm lifted. Been looking for a set for a while and couldn't let this one pass by. Will be picking them up Sunday. :gr_grin:

2002KJLimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap Mods

I grabbed an intake tube from a 2004 KJ and a throttle body. Port&Polished the throttle body, wrapped the tube with DEI cool tape, installed a K&N air filter. Much improved throttle response and aggressive intake sound. It took 5hrs to do the throttle body, so much smoother than the stock unit.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I moved the re-charged Odyssey battery back into Jeep today.
Since I had done new TPS & IAC/Coils a while back, decided to re-set things.
With both + & - battery cables now disconnected, taped terminals together for a few minutes.
Then reconnected everything back.
58122[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Interesting to note that the tailgate functions were absent until I hit the FOB window button & then things all worked again properly.
Also the 42RLE cold hesitate into 1st gear slop is gone, and drives like new again.
drive.gif the Jeep a bit of city & hwy run tonight with some Techron Concentrate in fuel.
Had it to the floor a few times, to blow the dirt out! (naughty)

Attachments

• Jeep%20Odyssey%20Night%202.jpg
    Jeep%20Odyssey%20Night%202.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 0

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grabbed an intake tube from a 2004 KJ and a throttle body. Port&Polished the throttle body, wrapped the tube with DEI cool tape, installed a K&N air filter. Much improved throttle response and aggressive intake sound. It took 5hrs to do the throttle body, so much smoother than the stock unit.

How much material did you remove? when I did my throttle body I removed enough material so that it was the same bore throughout the whole throttle body.