What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced hood lifts on the new to me 05LTD. Factory ones were shot and works nice now. Trying a set of MaxPower as they were way less expensive than the Monroes. They look almost identical. Climbed around it a bit and looks barely used. Coolant looks a bit low but appears to be the factory Mopar coolant. Much more orange than the Zerex G05. May have found the source of the PS whine. Looks like a brand new pressure line was installed. Doesn't look to be factory so its either poor hose quality or air. Don't see any bubbles and looks like ATF4 in there so I'll fiddle with it tomorrow. Steering feels very good to me.

Drained the oil from the 02LTD engine (It's on my engine stand). Hoping to pull the sketchy oil pan and get to the crank this weekend. Need to see which bearing(s) is toast and see if a simple fix would be possible. Can spin the engine by hand (no wrench) at the dampner with the plugs in so not seized but doesn't spin easily.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Went to look at this today and wound up bringing it home. Felt a bit sorry for it. An 05 with only 44k. Sounds great but sometimes too little is as bad as too much use. It needs a few things. I hope that's all.
I was looking for the pic post, found it! Very clean= Nice & super low miles!
Even the tire cover looks like new! :gr_grin:
Can I ask how much you paid for this beauty?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the pic post, found it! Very clean= Nice & super low miles!
Even the tire cover looks like new! :gr_grin:
Can I ask how much you paid for this beauty?

Almost 8k! Way too much to me but much less than they were asking. Came from a non-Mopar dealer. I'm always looking and there is not much of a choice. It's tough to find any 02-05 KJs around my area with less than 100k for less than that. The joys of living in an expensive area. I'm hoping to have this and the 02 functioning properly before my 98 Ranger finally dies.

2002KJLimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much material did you remove? when I did my throttle body I removed enough material so that it was the same bore throughout the whole throttle body.

I opened the entrance up to the edges and smoothed it all out to the machined area near the blade, didn't mess with the blade area. Should really help smooth out the air flow through the TB.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Got the Jeep washed. Needed to get the salt off.

And even bigger, ordered five General Grabber AT2 tires in 255-70-16. They are supposed to be in Tuesday and I am looking forward to getting them installed. If these are not going to fit tell me now!!!! :D

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Jeep washed. Needed to get the salt off.

And even bigger, ordered five General Grabber AT2 tires in 255-70-16. They are supposed to be in Tuesday and I am looking forward to getting them installed. If these are not going to fit tell me now!!!! :D

what wheels do you have ? i run that size on soft 8s, 3.75 inches upfront and had to pound pinch and do some molding in the front. After about 2 months or so with no power loss or gear hunting it decided to start gear hunting around 50mph unless i turn od off, and a little more noticeable power loss, not horrible though. Also due to heavier cragars im sure

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
what wheels do you have ? i run that size on soft 8s, 3.75 inches upfront and had to pound pinch and do some molding in the front. After about 2 months or so with no power loss or gear hunting it decided to start gear hunting around 50mph unless i turn od off, and a little more noticeable power loss, not horrible though. Also due to heavier cragars im sure

The wrong backspacing is why you had rubbing , set out too far
As far as power and hunting for the gears, can always swap gears :gr_grin:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wrong backspacing is why you had rubbing , set out too far
As far as power and hunting for the gears, can always swap gears :gr_grin:

have the 16x7 4'' backspacing . and i have the front diff with 4.10s waiting to be swapped in and slowly acquiring everthing needed for the rear :gr_grin:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is to take off the oil filter? If so you people seriously need to do some hand strength exercises.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is for the filler cap, which is still easy to remove if you do it right

It is usually every other time it takes Hulk strength or channel locks to get it to come loose. I'd rather have a good tool available that allows me to get the job done more efficiently. The oil FILTER has always been easy. I've never needed the wrench to get it off.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is usually every other time it takes Hulk strength or channel locks to get it to come loose. I'd rather have a good tool available that allows me to get the job done more efficiently. The oil FILTER has always been easy. I've never needed the wrench to get it off.

I hear ya.. thought the same thing when they said filter. If you don't over tighten it and put some new oil on the gasket it should come off fine, but on the same note, sometimes my fill cap gets Hella stuck

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I must have strong hand muscles then, never have an issue with the fill cap on any of mine .
Maybe all those years of hand exercises paid off !:icon_razz:

Members online

No members online now.