What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basked in the glory that is a new steering rack. And took the Cherokee into the dealer for 4th or 5th time for a CEL, got a Renegade Trailhawk as a loaner.

What did you think of the Renegade?

My wife absolutely loves hers - and on these recent cold mornings her new favorite feature is the heated steering wheel :gr_grin:

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty cool. Reminds me of the XJ a lot in personality. Has 50 miles on it. :D I wish it had the sunroofs, wanted to check that out. Love the firmness of the ride.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to post yesterday that I went down home and took my Step Father out to lunch, 89th birthday. Took the ( 05 KJ Limited ) to see how it was running and oh my, hate the seats , wonder why they changed them? Earlier models Limited etc had much better seating. Plus he doesn't want me to do anything to the suspension till he is done with it, but its bad.(98,000 on it now )Couldn't wait to get into mine for the ride home

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I hate the seats in my '05 Renegade. The seats in my BILs '03 Limited are awesome.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the seats in my 05 are good, well lumbar support wise. Never sat in an older one for long, I think the 05+ seats look more contemporary.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno, but mine hurt me if I have to sit in them for more than ½ hr. I think they're firmer, at least.

My Astro, I can sit in those seats for 9 hours and they don't hurt at all.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The earlier models had good side support, better cushions etc , the 05 is like sitting on a flat board when comparing the two

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Did they ever change again after the '05s? And what about the KKs, any difference there?

I like the seats in my '07, but never had any idea they were ever any different. (Except for the leather ones, of course.)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did they ever change again after the '05s? And what about the KKs, any difference there?

I like the seats in my '07, but never had any idea they were ever any different. (Except for the leather ones, of course.)

Next time we meet up we'll go for a ride. You'll see the difference right away.
05-07s are the same
KKs well I think they are hard as well

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new H&R springs were delivered today. Also have new struts and strut install kits on the way. Honestly though, not sure when I'll get around to the install. Might have to wait until after Christmas.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop to have them find the rumbling/groaning sound that I couldn't track down.
Thought it might be a wheel bearing...turns out its the transfer case.:favorites68:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd get a second opinion before dropping the cash on that, where'd you take it?

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop to have them find the rumbling/groaning sound that I couldn't track down.
Thought it might be a wheel bearing...turns out its the transfer case.:favorites68:

Agreed with the post above.. especially if your libby is running up on miles, a shop tends to assume large repair is needed due to mileage

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did they change about the seats over the years?

Been wondering this myself pretty often. I have the typical firm charcoal colored seats and they're nice for holding you in place when you're bouncing around.. but as for the comfortablity... if newer ones are any better I need to get my hands on some.
Truthfully never realized how many libertys have leather seats until I got on here. Every interior of theirs I've seen always has the same terrible seats as mine

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the springs installed (CRD front , unknown brand on the rear)

Last edited: