What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ypu think thats crazy everyone in chicago thinks of you sell your stock rims you should get at least $600-$1000. I think its a joke. People put after market rims on anything here. I am not a fan. If they are replicas cool or like moabs on a kj cool but past that its not a good look imo.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/wto/5851882170.html

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a good place for an XM antenna and a rear camera today. No real flat spots on the rear, so I might just pass on the camera. Real small vehicle and I don't feel I really need a rear camera, but figured if I was going to be running the XM antenna from the rear above the 3rd brake light it might just be the time to install the camera. Tried the XM antenna on the dash to start, but that's a no go around here. Just cuts in and out.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My JBA front-guard skid plate showed up yesterday. Bolting it on this weekend. Then, time to do some measuring to see how much I have to dial up the front coilovers due to lots of heavy stuff added recently (Skid row engine skid, Front guard, ARB bumper and winch)

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried the XM antenna on the dash to start, but that's a no go around here. Just cuts in and out.

I use an interior/exterior Sirius antenna (from the home kit) on my dash. Works great, unlike the magnetic one intended to go on top of the car.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire rotation, oil change, lube a arms and driveshaft. Full winter inspection. Then went a picked up another snow blower haha

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of new parts that arrived to be installed tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images

And giving these a try

Last edited:

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did install the rear camera and XM antenna yesterday. The antenna went just above the 3rd brake light and the camera went just below the spare into the bumper cover. As expected running the wires/cables was the most difficult part. Hoping that's the last time I need to pullout the new Kenwood head unit. Pleased with both installs and the Sirius free trial is activated.

Happy I was able to add cruise control, rear audio controls, a new stereo(DDX9703S) with Android Auto/Sirius and the rear camera. Just need to get to the dealer to activate the DRL's and my "To Do" list for now is pretty much done. Might add an EVIC and already collecting OME parts for a lift to be done at a later date.

Once again thank you to everyone for sharing your knowledge and for your assistance. It's been years since I've been this hands on with a vehicle and I've really enjoyed getting under it and getting my hands dirty again.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, heavier spring rate on the rear?

Yeah, I'm carrying a little weight. Running two extra isolators on top of the JBA 4" springs right now to get 4" of lift along with the Monroe load helper shocks and the ride is extremely soft. So we'll see how these ride and where my height ends up at. I'm hoping to maybe switch to one of the Bilstein shocks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Working for yourself is good and bad,
when no work ya starve,
when you are working and have some money,
then no time to play with your KJ
Next two days are time to play with the KJ
Lets see what I can pull out of my hat..................:gr_grin:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed some new sound makers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Flex joints. Wj rear uca. IRO. Yes its going on my kj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the new sub box. Single Sundown Audio Zv3 10", this thing is a 68lb beast.

You must be registered for see images attach

This f'n thing gets down.
[YouTube]]http://youtu.be/Wgq-i1duoRk[/YouTube]

Also figured out what was making the clunking noise that's been driving me friggen crazy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited: