What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I cleaned and drilled the orifice in the air horns, now I have air horns you can hear. After a construction truck ran a red light and almost hit me yesterday, I really wanted to make sure that the driver of the truck gets the message.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the fall undercoating done a little early, probably hit it one more time before the winter, and ordered the steel for the roof rails, decided on square tubing, we'll see how that goes

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the esp/bas trac and abs lights today... pretty sure (99.9999%) its the back right. Gonna check the wiring tonight after work.
But got some undercoating done today in prep for the beach run down to nc this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my tires rotated but yet again discount tire has to break a lug nut and I have to waste time getting a stud replaced.
Every time........

blamed it on corrosion....... yeah right....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
got my tires rotated but yet again discount tire has to break a lug nut and I have to waste time getting a stud replaced.
Every time........

Lots and lots of corrosion out there in Arizona :Insane::emotions34:

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the deals at Discount, but I don't let them NEAR my vehicles with their airguns, not even for removals. I specifically tell them lug and torque wrenches only, and I stay there and watch. Went to that policy after they broke the 6th lug.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are reman'd pumps. They probably arn't that good but it is free life time replacement. So one of these days I hope to finally get a good one. :gr_grin:

Just to add to this, I got one from Mopar for the 04 , it was so loud when first installed I took it back, they gave me a new one and it leaked like a sieve, finally had to go an ugggh Flatozone since it would be a week before Mopar got anymore in. It worked fine, ran quiet, no leaks was still on there when I stopped driving it

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to add to this, I got one from Mopar for the 04 , it was so loud when first installed I took it back, they gave me a new one and it leaked like a sieve, finally had to go an ugggh Flatozone since it would be a week before Mopar got anymore in. It worked fine, ran quiet, no leaks was still on there when I stopped driving it

The one that I have on it currently was running fine till one day in the snow something happened and it just stopped working well at low speed. The only weird thing is that it has just started to whine a little when I first start it up and turn the wheel. Other than that there is no noise. Also I keep checking and there is no ps fluid leaking out anywhere.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get mcgard lugnuts when you guys get a chance. The tech might have broken yours but stock lugnuts on Chrysler made vehicles always cause problem due to dumb construction.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get mcgard lugnuts when you guys get a chance. The tech might have broken yours but stock lugnuts on Chrysler made vehicles always cause problem due to dumb construction.

Funny people have issues with stock ones, my 04 at 221,000 still is using the stock lugnuts, think of how many times wheels have been off for suspension changes, tires rotated every 3000-35000 miles etc and all still good yet.
OF COURSE no shop has every touched " my nuts" only my hands have :gr_grin::gr_grin:

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time........

Buy a can of Copper Coat. Hamd it to your tire guy when you drive in. Just a bit on the stud thread before he He-Mans everthing with a 1/2" impact driver does wonders for being able to remove them later. No corrosion will get through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got one of my pinch welds pounded flat after work today. Not sure how y'all get the plastic all nice again, but it didn't work for me. Probably just going to grind it smooth and paint it black. Now all I need to do is get the other one finished before my new wheels get here.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the little jeep a juice box!
You must be registered for see images
I was gonna get an Odyssey, but ended up going with a D3400 instead. Running a PC-2150 for my auxiliary battery, and that thing is a beast.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my spark plugs and coil packs swapped out for new today (gapped the plugs at .040, if you're wonderin'). The old plugs were in there a long time, apparently. The gap in them was prob'ly .080. Other than that, they looked pretty clean - no oil, no burns and no buildup.

...I just ordered 2927 front and 2948 rear ARB coil springs to keep my UCAs and Y-link extension company. Found them on eBay for 334.40 total.
These springs arrived today. The UPS driver delivered them to the next door neighbor, who wasn't home. I threw on my oxygen backpack, walked over there and picked the box up and headed back to my apartment. I don't know why I don't remember that, since I got this lung disease 11 years ago, I ain't nearly as strong and 23% lung function is not enough to carry 50 pounds of twisted metal very far. I got it to my Jeep though and will be clearing a shelf in my storage unit to store all my lift parts until I have them all.

The UCAs and Y-Link should be here soon. It'll be a long time before I can gather the rest of the parts, but it's still exciting.

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, swap in a low mileage engine for $2000 or so and save yourself a few thousand bucks a year. New cars these days run $400/month easy - that's 5 grand a year. Your KJ is a quick fix and will last you another 10 years or so.

I've been on both sides of this issue. Put a newer, low mileage engine in my KJ and also just bought my wife a new Jeep Renegade. Believe me - I know what a new car costs :emotions34:

Bob

I did not mean a brand new car. This ones got some front end damage from someone backing into the previous owner, and what not. Wife seems to think she still wants another KJ so I'll be looking for another one around 2k bucks if I can find one. Hopefully this one will be in better shape though lol.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the little jeep a juice box!
You must be registered for see images

I have the same one its a little over a year old already, got it when I knew i wanted a winch. Great battery. Deep cycled it once so far when the Jeep sat for 10 days and after charging it up no issues.