What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This week was a mess. Installed my double din radio last week and it stopped working. So took it back, defective unit. I originally paid 229(price matched as opposed to 279) for my radio. Best Buy ended up upgrading me to a better radio that was 400$ for only 60$ (not complaining) then, my clockspring finally went out. Replaced the clock spring and a thought popped in my head "I wonder if my steering wheel control module will work now" sure enough, I hooked it up and all my buttons work. Bitter sweet to say the least.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This week was a mess. Installed my double din radio last week and it stopped working. So took it back, defective unit. I originally paid 229(price matched as opposed to 279) for my radio. Best Buy ended up upgrading me to a better radio that was 400$ for only 60$ (not complaining) then, my clockspring finally went out. Replaced the clock spring and a thought popped in my head "I wonder if my steering wheel control module will work now" sure enough, I hooked it up and all my buttons work. Bitter sweet to say the least.
You must be registered for see images

That sounds like you found a diamond in a pile of shi. Good job man happy to hear everything worked out in the end.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used it to prop my replacement Subaru Outback hood while I swapped it onto my Daughter's car. Talked to it while I changed both outer tie rod ends on my Ranger. Swapped in greasable Moogs. I liked them. Should get a chance to fiddle with the KJ more tomorrow. Need to move the PS pump out and pull the rad. Then the Vclamps and the bell housing and see if I can get that sucker out of there. Saw a "tested" 02 engine for 1400 only 12 miles away. Think I'll do an autopsy on mine first and see if "this guy I know" can rebuild it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sort of " WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR JEEP TODAY "
Got a call for some parts I've been stashing away since 2011, well
been finding, trading, buying, flipping parts to fund a future project for the last 5 years. But since the Kili is gone it seems for good I sold off a bunch of stuff
So sold ( as soon as the guy gets the money together )
Mid 70s HP DANA 44
5.13 gear set, Chev High Steer Knuckles , Warn Lock outs, All GM brake parts with calipers, outer stub axles etc
Ford 9 inch rear with 5.13s already in it. and has a converted disc brake set up of some kind but worked good when I bought it used
Also had a good long arm set up that was going to be used as is or to plan better depending , steering box and related parts
lots of behind the scenes stuff that I have followed on LOST on a few builds so just kept planning and buying / trading for stuff as I went
SO NOW you know where the Kili was heading this winter and as time allowed . No one was going to know until it was done/ until it was tested/ driven/ wheeled some then I was just going to throw some pictures out there besides the 03 :happy175:
So dreams are over , building KJs are a thing of the past, well for me, no longer interested

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of " WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR JEEP TODAY "
Got a call for some parts I've been stashing away since 2011, well
been finding, trading, buying, flipping parts to fund a future project for the last 5 years. But since the Kili is gone it seems for good I sold off a bunch of stuff
So sold ( as soon as the guy gets the money together )
Mid 70s HP DANA 44
5.13 gear set, Chev High Steer Knuckles , Warn Lock outs, All GM brake parts with calipers, outer stub axles etc
Ford 9 inch rear with 5.13s already in it. and has a converted disc brake set up of some kind but worked good when I bought it used
Also had a good long arm set up that was going to be used as is or to plan better depending , steering box and related parts
lots of behind the scenes stuff that I have followed on LOST on a few builds so just kept planning and buying / trading for stuff as I went
SO NOW you know where the Kili was heading this winter and as time allowed . No one was going to know until it was done/ until it was tested/ driven/ wheeled some then I was just going to throw some pictures out there besides the 03 :happy175:
So dreams are over , building KJs are a thing of the past, well for me, no longer interested

What a list you've got there!
It just ***** that one person had to ruin everything
I hope you can find it soon and still be interested in building it
You'd think SOMEBODY would've seen it by now..
I mean, it's the only KJ around that looks the way it does
Frustrating! I can't imagine

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
All because some looser stole Tom's KJ/dreams & now all motivation is gone..:favorites68:
I get angry when I think about what this thief has done to you.
I want to find this person and :boxing: the crap out of em.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed and polished my Jeep, replaced the wiper blades, and oh, I had a snorkel fitted! :D

Im very pleased with it. My fuel economy has improved and it seems to have more power from the throttle. It had lower RPM's on the open highway, too. Usually when sitting on 100km/hr (60mph) it would be on 2000 RPM. Now its around 1800. Im ready for those water crossings now!

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Washed and polished my Jeep, replaced the wiper blades, and oh, I had a snorkel fitted! :D

Im very pleased with it. My fuel economy has improved and it seems to have more power from the throttle. It had lower RPM's on the open highway, too. Usually when sitting on 100km/hr (60mph) it would be on 2000 RPM. Now its around 1800. Im ready for those water crossings now!

So you have all of the electronics taken care of and water proofed, all vent lines to the top of the KJ etc , extension on the exhaust to bring it to the top of the Jeep ? Several things to do before making one ready for deeper water
Most install for better / cleaner air when driving on dirt roads
Looks good though

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive done heaps of crossings in it prior to the snorkel, and those car bras work well. The KJ did it with ease. Even easier now! :D

But yea, ill give it another look over. Theres always something.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Today... washed, and detailed.

Now it'll probably rain tomorrow. :favorites68:

Did mine the other day, not a cloud in the sky, drove an hour South sitting there having lunch and you could see this huge storm rolling in. Flooded the road/ streets etc . Got back up this way and 8 miles from home sun shining/ roads dry/ no rail at all

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Did mine the other day, not a cloud in the sky, drove an hour South sitting there having lunch and you could see this huge storm rolling in. Flooded the road/ streets etc . Got back up this way and 8 miles from home sun shining/ roads dry/ no rail at all

Heh... glad I'm not the only one. (Cheers)
Weather forecast says we should stay dry till Tuesday. We'll see.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to wash the Jeep after last week's tropical storm...and gave up when it started to rain today again. You just can't win sometimes...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeep dry & dusty, hoping the predicted rain on Tues does the wash job!
I did take it though a Touchless jeep wash a few weeks ago !
You must be registered for see images attach
"]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/URL]
Crazy, Hazy, Lazy.. Days of Summer! :gr_grin:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been very tropical around these parts. Hot. Humid. Rain. Repeat.

I'm ready for snow now.

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the patriot, had the transmission fluid and filter done. no more CVT whine.

for the liberty, still no leaks

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced plugs, coil packs, and the rear upper control arm this morning. I checked inside the ball joint boot and found the grease was pretty minimal, so I broke out the needle adapter and filled that puppy up. Had to use an extra jack to orient the differential so the ball joint stud would drop in.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to napa for a spark plug for the mower then some gas. Picked up a pizza on the way back. Good to be back in a comfy seat again.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) after picking up the replacement at NAPA. Had some hesitation when the RPM's where between 1500 and 2000. There was a 'dead spot' in the TPS that caused the sputtering and messed up downshifts in the ******.

Took all of 5 minutes to replace :waytogo:

Bob

Latest posts

Members online