What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
YESTERDAY
drove the 03 down to look around to see if my 04 was hiding out somewhere
.............it wasn't .............
But took my parents out for a great fish dinner , rode around on some old back roads and just had a good time. They are both way past 80 and don't get to just go out and ride around anymore like they used to
Great day and over 425 miles
FULL AC POWER ON ALL DAY THOUGH ............:favorites68:ITS HOT FOLKS

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out the double din pioneer I installed needed you to have the e brake in order to type an address in while using gps AND removing/forgetting Bluetooth devices. Fixed that by wiring the ebrake wire into the window lockout switch for the rear windows. No clue where that idea came from. I got home from work took the switch out and ran the wire to the back of the connector chose a random wire and my options were no longer greyed out when I hit the switch to lock the rear windows. Got it on my first try. Lucky me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you go to Mr. Fish in Cadiz?

Cadiz ? No thats about 55 miles North of us. Is Mr Fish open again heard it was closed. Haven't been up there for a while.
We were south of there, jumped the river over into New Martinsville WV
Fed ourselves and then went up on the hill to show Mac ( my son ) where we had been .
Looking down river over to New Martinsville ( Hannibal Locks and Dam shown and bridge over to there )
You must be registered for see images attach

Looking up river over an old aluminum plant ( ORMET)

OH YES have to have one KJ Photo so here it is at work one morning about 3 A.M. , no one around .....

Last edited:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started the rear window storage boxes. This will give me room to store the extra fluids, the bottle jack, the fire extinguisher. I will post pictures once I finish it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Started the rear window storage boxes. This will give me room to store the extra fluids, the bottle jack, the fire extinguisher. I will post pictures once I finish it.

I've always wanted to fill in the two rear side windows, make doors that open from the outside and swing up. Then on the inside have boxes built coming out about 4-6 inches at the bottom then straight up. Would be quite a bit of storage in there when done .

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It will fill the bottom half of the rear windows. I will help free up more space for cargo and other stuff.

Removing the interior panels or leaving them?
I had thought of cutting the panels and making room back in there on the 04 but never did it. On the 03 I already have insulation/ sound absorbing " stuff " filling those areas up

StrangeHighways

Reaction score
Changed O2 sensors, bank 1/1 and 2/1. Had been getting codes P0133, P0171, and P0153 and check engine light. Replaced with NTK brand sensors. Had been seeing smoke out the exhaust, assumed burning oil because it looked bluish. Seems to be gone now...:shrug:

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked it up from the shop that installed the ARB bullbar and Smittybilt x20 winch. The wife said that she thought I was only getting a bumper and not a winch too. I may have 'forgot' to mention it.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES that is one of those ARB bumpers for sure
but where are the fog lights?

The two on top of the bumper are the relocated stock Renegade fogs. Sadly, the Fog-light sections in the bumper are empty and only have the smoked plastic insert. Maybe a future mod on the list.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two on top of the bumper are the relocated stock Renegade fogs. Sadly, the Fog-light sections in the bumper are empty and only have the smoked plastic insert. Maybe a future mod on the list.

My plan was to reuse the factory fogs in the ARB but they changed the design so the OEM lights wouldn't fit. So I bought the ARB fogs and a set of IPF's. With the fogs, the IPF's, the hi-beams and the Renegade light bar on at the same time...

Yea, it's bright :happy175:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the fuel pump. Was making a humming and buzzing sound when I've run for an hour or so and wasn't able to deliver good flow anymore. Had hesitation, hard starts when hot, and general loss of power when I pushed the skinny pedal. At 203,375 miles I figure it gave me all it had...

I don't have pics of every single step but just the highlights. In my '03 under the rear carpet is a hatch. There is a "rhino lining" type of material that covers it so a heat gun and utility knife enabled me to remove material around the edge and remove the 4, 10mm nuts that hold it on. This is before I got going:

Once the hatch was off the fuel lines, power connection and EVAP hose were visible. You have to remove the lock ring - the nice rusty ring around the outer edge - with a hammer and brass punch (to eliminate sparks - a good idea.) But before the locking ring is removed all that road debris and dirt was vacuumed out and cleaned up as much as possible. This is before I cleaned it up:

Top flange removed and fuel lines from the pump and the power line removed:

This is what the pump module looks like down in the tank. There is a lock or latch on the front-left side of the module (top left of this pic) that slides up releasing the pump from the bottom of the tank. Then lift the right side of the module up through the access hole:

Took me a couple of hours, with most of that time softening the 'rhino lining' with the heat gun and cutting around the hatch cover.

Wasn't as bad as I expected - made easier since I nearly ran out of gas so there wouldn't be much in the tank when I started the job. Glad I did it and glad it's over ;)

Bob

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob: did you replace it w/ a mopar part or aftermarket?
any recommendation for any aftermarket parts?

This is on my to do list and I hope i have that hatch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.