What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned up the gain on my amplifier from 1v to 2v, I've been driving around a year with it set at the wrong level. Ooops? No more clipping/distortion at max volume!

Still not loud enough.

Also, washed her up. There'd been a few brush fires near my home in the last few weeks, so she had a fine layer of grime on her from that. Also, Florida rain seems to leave behind a residue. It's really quite gross.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to get a new kick panel for under the steering wheel as I broke mine when pulling the dash. So many jeeps were there
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted my rear rim to test the new color(gunmetal) i think it looks good.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Painted my rear rim to test the new color(gunmetal) i think it looks good.

LOOKS GOOD!!! LIKE that color

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What paint/procedure did you use? I love that. I'd like to do that to mine. (for the wheel @Jbergun)

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the gunmetal...where'd you get the paint?

I got it on amazon its a gm color from what it said. Duplicolor like $8 a can i bought two probably need another one or two.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOOKS GOOD!!! LIKE that color

Thanks tom means alot coming from you man i was afraid it had too much of a tuner look but seems like the community likes it.

What paint/procedure did you use? I love that. I'd like to do that to mine. (for the wheel @Jbergun)

Hoosier i will be honest the spare will never see the ground it is the original tire from 02. Its cracked and beat. With that being said i didnt do too much prep. Wiped the dust off laid two coats of self etching primer and two thin coats of paint. My other rims will need some thorough sanding one might need the chipped clear coat removed with strip ease. Past that degreaser a deck of cards and the primer and paint combo holds up pretty good.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking next time I need to re-shoe mine, I'll take the time to repaint the MOABs, and I was looking at a gunmetal type color with a silver base to it. Should give it the deeper, darker color while still calling back to the original silver.

Also the front is all buttoned up finally. Need to finish the right rear.

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Tow_ready harness

Well - installed tow-ready harness on '04 renegade last night

time to go shop for a toy to pull behind it ....

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the spark plugs in the heat. Then drove down to napa for a few other parts.

P.S. don't forget to reinstall your snail shell when changing plugs....

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the spark plugs in the heat. Then drove down to napa for a few other parts.

P.S. don't forget to reinstall your snail shell when changing plugs....

nice turbo you got there

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

hey, I was close on my drive out setup :D
I had to type in some numbers best I could see. they really need to fix their printer.

running around on the old stockers for a couple days, so I can clean up the fancy wheels. Also since the brakes are breaking in I figure they'll dust up pretty good for a bit. No need to dirty my good shoes.

Work done:
Front control arms: new bushings, cam bolts
brakes all around: EBC Yellow Stuff with EBC slotted rotors
cleaned, painted, lubed, and anti-seized the snot out of everything front to rear.

I need to adjust the parking brake shoes though. I'll do that in a bit.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking next time I need to re-shoe mine, I'll take the time to repaint the MOABs, and I was looking at a gunmetal type color with a silver base to it. Should give it the deeper, darker color while still calling back to the original silver.

Also the front is all buttoned up finally. Need to finish the right rear.

I did my MOABs in a dark-iron kind of color. I like them but the paint I chose isn't the most robust. Put 2 coats of primer, 4-5 coats of paint, and 3 coats of clear. And they still managed to chip a bit.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look good. I painted my rim thats beat up took a while to smooth out the bubbly clear coat still not perfect but now i am 2/5s the way there. This rim was by far the worst and i should have set more time aside to give it more attention. I used some strip ease and the sanded the crap out of it you can still see some spots but it was really bad in the center.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting impatiently to have my ARB bumper installed in 2 weeks! In the meantime a trip to the local U-haul soon to see if the "lifetime" warranty will replace the 10 year old rusted-out hitch on my Jeep.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look good. I painted my rim thats beat up took a while to smooth out the bubbly clear coat still not perfect but now i am 2/5s the way there. This rim was by far the worst and i should have set more time aside to give it more attention. I used some strip ease and the sanded the crap out of it you can still see some spots but it was really bad in the center.

................. drums.......