What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeRecruit84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the Reverse Switch. HELPFUL TIP: don't by the 7/8" deep 3/8 socket from Autozone if you have to, it won't work. The inside wall is too think. Buy it from O'Reily's if you have to go buy it. And bring the part with you. The inside wall is thinner on the one from O'reily's

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoamed the engine the other day and took a ride down an abandoned highway to blow some carbon out...changed my oil today, checked fluids, replaced busted power mirror switch.

BackRoad

Reaction score
Home from college for break - brother's in auto class at local high school (free labor!), so I ordered some parts.

4x Grabber AT2 247/70r16
New Sway Bar Bushings (worn out)
New Muffler (old one has a hole in it)
New Diff Seal and Fluid (was starting to leak)

Dragon1900

Reaction score
Over the past 10 months since we purchased our 2005 Limited CRD:

Pioneer DEH-P8400BH deck with bluetooth, hands free and iPod/iPhone integration.
Pioneer TS-A1674R 6.5 inch three way speakers in the rear doors
Polk Audio db6501 Component speakers in front, 6.5" in doors 1" tweeters on A pillars
Metra ASWC Steering wheel control interface

Control arm recall
5 new General Tire Grabber AT2 tires
Alignment
Oil change with Royal Purple 5W40 and Royal Purple Oil Filter # 20-400
K&N 33-2233 Performance Air Filter
Full cleaning inside

More to come.

RenegadeRecruit84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed some Inifinity Reference 6502ix 6.5" speakers in all four doors. Sounds amazing. I recommend using the amp if you do. I just mounted it in on the inside of the door.

You must be registered for see images

Nothing like a nice upgrade :)

Last edited:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow!! :banana-mario: got at least a foot already and it's still coming down....awesome surprise when the forecast was only 2-4".

once the roads were sufficiently covered, I threw it on 4HI and took the dog for a ride to the park. Great to let her run around in the snow when no one is there. Love my KJ in the snow, even with my crap tires I never slide unless I want to....do not like other idiots on the road, like the kid hauling a$$ down the road on a quad that almost slid into me coming around a corner. Took completely untouched dirt roads home so I didn't have to worry about getting hit by someone else.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to start it up this morning and all i got was a click click click and the scan gauge was reading 10.8 volts from the battery. Started up fine the night before but I guess the cold finally killed the battery. So after a jump from the wife's compass I replaced the battery. Got over 6 years out of it.

Then took it out in the snow to test the BFG Rugged Terrains I installed earlier in the year. Went to baseball field parking lot behind my house. The lot is never plowed because it's dirt lot with a lot of dips in the surface. Stopped and open the door to see how deep it was. My wife started to freak a little because the door pushed aside about 2-3 inches of snow. She instantly thought we were stuck. Drove out like a champ and went to the mall for chicken wing pizza. :)

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got about a foot or so of snow here and me and the wife were coming back from the good ol wal-mart, I always back into my parking spot behind my house and it's on a slight incline. After attempting three times to back up into it, I put it in 4hi and had no issues. Again...stock tires. Can't wait for these damned duratracs

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove the pig in the snow this morning....used 4-hi and also full-time. Then I had to feed it some gas.

Dave

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove around in the snow all weekend. I would hate the snow if it wasnt for my jeep.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
x2 on that. Been skiing everyday!

Also hosed it off at the DIY wash.

lhawkwing

Reaction score
Nothing fancy.
Put a new head unit in, as I was tired of no way to get my MP3 player hooked up. Easy enough swap, does make my hands itch to do something more than little stuff or oil changes.

I am also putting my list of wanna dos together. And planning out the order, based on finances and what makes sense.

And ya, first winter with the Liberty, so some time in the snow was had.

Jeff

Dragon1900

Reaction score
Nothing fancy.
Put a new head unit in, as I was tired of no way to get my MP3 player hooked up. Easy enough swap, does make my hands itch to do something more than little stuff or oil changes.

I am also putting my list of wanna dos together. And planning out the order, based on finances and what makes sense.

Jeff

Nice Deck, good looking install too.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing fancy.

Jeff

Looks great!

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been having steering problems so i stated a thread and followed the advce of several members.

i checked the power steering pump, it was fine tons of fluid. do i need to maybe change the fluid? i also checked the belt and it was fine too. sooooo now what? gonna bring the truck in on wednesday to have it looked at

also been searching for new speakers since im left with 1 working speaker, i have 04 limited and some sites say my speakers have amps n some say i dont. i have the radio controls on steering wheel so you would think i have amps.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been having steering problems so i stated a thread and followed the advce of several members.

i checked the power steering pump, it was fine tons of fluid. do i need to maybe change the fluid? i also checked the belt and it was fine too. sooooo now what? gonna bring the truck in on wednesday to have it looked at

also been searching for new speakers since im left with 1 working speaker, i have 04 limited and some sites say my speakers have amps n some say i dont. i have the radio controls on steering wheel so you would think i have amps.

Did you try crutchfield.com? They're great, that's where I order everything audio wise. You just fill out your vehicle specs and they list everything that will list what fits your vehicle.