What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passed emissions today. Good thing they don't care about the ABS and the AirBag lights... :icon_lol:

Pretty sure the law everywhere says the roof has to be cleaned. Couple people were killed here a few years back because some moron didn't clean 8" of hard-packed snow off their roof...flew off, hit the windshield, driver was blind and hit the Jersey wall. MSP asked radio stations to remind everyone that it's the law right after that.

I remember that incident! That was a bad winter too. Even afterwards I still saw all these morons driving with a foot of snow up top. I always see some idiot driving with one little patch cleared right in front of the driver seat. They can't be bothered with actually being able to see anything but right straight in front. Guess their time is much more valuable than mine. :favorites68:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passed emissions today. Good thing they don't care about the ABS and the AirBag lights... :icon_lol:

I remember that incident! That was a bad winter too. Even afterwards I still saw all these morons driving with a foot of snow up top. I always see some idiot driving with one little patch cleared right in front of the driver seat. They can't be bothered with actually being able to see anything but right straight in front. Guess their time is much more valuable than mine. :favorites68:

Might be that way, hard to say since each state runs their own regulations. Much like how its law in 37 states you can't run fogs alone head lights have to be on, and in half of those states you have to be in actual bad weather to use the fogs they just can't be on. Some states require headlights on in construction zones. Most states I believe now have adopted the headlights with wipers law, IE fog, snow, rain require headlights to be on and DRL's do not count.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be that way, hard to say since each state runs their own regulations. Much like how its law in 37 states you can't run fogs alone head lights have to be on, and in half of those states you have to be in actual bad weather to use the fogs they just can't be on. Some states require headlights on in construction zones. Most states I believe now have adopted the headlights with wipers law, IE fog, snow, rain require headlights to be on and DRL's do not count.

I saw plenty of people running just DRLs in the rain and fog over the past weekend in MD and PA. Quite a few vehicle with nothing on at all. Funny thing is most of the vehicles without any lights on in the dreariness were grey or silver. Not all laws make sense to me but common sense is common sense. Guess it's true, you can't fix stupid...

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it got ridiculous today driving around. Sleeting/raining/snowing with light grey cars covered in snow with no headlights on. Kinda want to run them off the road to save everyone else.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw plenty of people running just DRLs in the rain and fog over the past weekend in MD and PA. Quite a few vehicle with nothing on at all. Funny thing is most of the vehicles without any lights on in the dreariness were grey or silver. Not all laws make sense to me but common sense is common sense. Guess it's true, you can't fix stupid...

That's a common misconception since DRL's are now in the headlamps. When GM first introduced them, DRL's were were automated parking lights, which lead to one issue. Most states its illegal to drive with just the parking lights on.... So what happened, people were getting tickets left and right for driving with their ''parking lights on'' when it was the DRL's so GM switched it around to the headlamps which other manufacturers followed suit while the states added the DRL clause for the GM's that were designed with the parking lamps as the DRL's. So people think because they have headlamps for DRL's they count in bad weather when it strictly says headlights, which include running lights as per what the wording is interpreted since DRL's include other forms, as explained before parking lights on older GM's to LED strips now on the front and and in headlamp units of cars. Of course one issue is, most people and I speak from prior experience of p1$$ing off a customer from U-Haul they think because their headlamps are ''automatic'' means they can't manually turn them on.... So in most cases unless the storm is ''severe'' headlamps won't turn on in fog or rain because the sensor on the dash reads adequate sunlight. So they drive around in light rain and fog thinking because their headlamps are ''automatic'' they are free to ignore the law when they can turn the DAMN SWITCH for a manual override due to the law requiring headlamps must be manually turned on.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Headlights when it's raining? Half the people around here don't even use them when it's dark. :emotions34:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
they think because their headlamps are ''automatic'' means they can't manually turn them on.... So in most cases unless the storm is ''severe'' headlamps won't turn on in fog or rain because the sensor on the dash reads adequate sunlight. So they drive around in light rain and fog thinking because their headlamps are ''automatic'' they are free to ignore the law when they can turn the DAMN SWITCH for a manual override due to the law requiring headlamps must be manually turned on.

This is so true! I only have one vehicle with an "automatic" setting (11 Avenger) and I never use it. We try to make things fool proof but we can't make them dummy proof. :happy175:

Headlights when it's raining? Half the people around here don't even use them when it's dark. :emotions34:

I had someone with no light at all follow me for about 4 miles on a two lane 55 MPH road at about 8PM the other night. I live out in a very dark and rural area. They finally turned off but not before someone trying to make a left from the other direction almost went for it after I passed by. I'm sure they were happy with the idiot behind me.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Hardly ever see anyone here driving around with a deep layer of snow on the roof. They never get warm inside. Defrost doesn't work as well. Haven't seen a peephole driver for years. Their cars must not last.

$2.389 gas
$2.489 diesel

We're getting more highway safety zones that demand headlights-on with double fines... quaduple fines if it's a construction zone. Summer has always been road construction season in Alaska but now it seems like the traffic cones sprout in the spring for many miles without any construction in sight.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used to drive night shift with the Rig, you would be surprised how many idiots are out that just drive with the DRL's alone. Then you flash your headlights hit the hazards to tell them to turn on their headlights and they just drive on like nothing is happening. Its another reason I'm a huge advocate against DRL's because of situations like this that happen extremely frequent. Law enforcement is sparse and I mean sparse at night on the interstate highways. You may drive through a whole state might see one or two patrolmen the whole time in the median sometimes together in that single spot. That's it.

This is so true! I only have one vehicle with an "automatic" setting (11 Avenger) and I never use it. We try to make things fool proof but we can't make them dummy proof. :happy175:

I had someone with no light at all follow me for about 4 miles on a two lane 55 MPH road at about 8PM the other night. I live out in a very dark and rural area. They finally turned off but not before someone trying to make a left from the other direction almost went for it after I passed by. I'm sure they were happy with the idiot behind me.

Oh yeah, seen that before on the rural highways and the interstate. It surprises me how people passed drivers education and got a drivers license in the first place. I won't get into the foreign drivers with their lack of even how to operate a vehicle and its basic functions let alone read road signs, like the one night in town coming home from the Rodeo. Foreigner, obviously had no knowledge of the English language let alone having actually taken a driving test. If he had taken the driving test he would have failed with a negative score. The guy would just sit in the left hand lane, stare at cars in the right hand lane and match their speeds. Didn't pay attention to what was in front of him, to his left, or behind. Stared only at cars to his right if they sped up he sped up. If they braked even to turn off he braked.

In other news, about wanting to slap the insurance claims rep of course she didn't understand what my occupation was or that I work seven days a week, I wonder why..... -sarcastic tone- when I about screamed at her I won't be at the station tomorrow I work out on the street. So I took a chance to get it scheduled tomorrow for replacement hoping I would be at Urbandale again... No of course no instead I'm going to West Des Moines tomorrow so what do I have to do reschedule or see if he can come to the WDM station to do it tomorrow.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hardly ever see anyone here driving around with a deep layer of snow on the roof. They never get warm inside. Defrost doesn't work as well. Haven't seen a peephole driver for years. Their cars must not last.

$2.389 gas
$2.489 diesel

We're getting more highway safety zones that demand headlights-on with double fines... quaduple fines if it's a construction zone. Summer has always been road construction season in Alaska but now it seems like the traffic cones sprout in the spring for many miles without any construction in sight.

I understand why they do that, as a safety cushion against traffic. A couple hundred feet isn't safety enough in case you get that nimrod who thinks they can wait till the last second and merge on only to realize the guy they try to cut off puts them in their place and oops you have an accident which could lead to a run off and killing a construction worker. Though I do think sometimes a two mile block off of one lane before and after the ten foot work zone is excessive. Three quarters of a mile is more than enough for a work zone unless it is large.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Windshield nightmare continues, this morning I prepped for the replacement and had to fight like mad to get my ''Tax Disc'' off, took my JP Vehicle Tag out of the center mirror. I'm out on route and get an email saying they can't call me my number is ''disconnected'' I called Safelite from my phone told them no its not. If he's using an ID Blocker my phone kicks the call since I have set up to reject calls with ID Blockers. Well he had issues with another car and couldn't get to me. Now I'm scheduled for Tuesday, since he knows the insane predicaments I deal with due to my job. He did apologize and said he would put me in for the morning, and call me to ask where I am at as long as I am in the DSM Area which I told him farthest out I would go is Pleasant Hill. He said that would be fine and would drive to where I am at to replace the windshield. So now hopefully Tuesday the nightmare is done and over with since the crack I think is finished expanding.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Windshield nightmare continues, this morning I prepped for the replacement and had to fight like mad to get my ''Tax Disc'' off, took my JP Vehicle Tag out of the center mirror. I'm out on route and get an email saying they can't call me my number is ''disconnected'' I called Safelite from my phone told them no its not. If he's using an ID Blocker my phone kicks the call since I have set up to reject calls with ID Blockers. Well he had issues with another car and couldn't get to me. Now I'm scheduled for Tuesday, since he knows the insane predicaments I deal with due to my job. He did apologize and said he would put me in for the morning, and call me to ask where I am at as long as I am in the DSM Area which I told him farthest out I would go is Pleasant Hill. He said that would be fine and would drive to where I am at to replace the windshield. So now hopefully Tuesday the nightmare is done and over with since the crack I think is finished expanding.

Geez, nightmare is right. Isn't it wild how those cracks grow. I had one about a week after I got my '11 Avenger. Something hit ******* the highway in the dark. Checked it when I got home and couldn't see a thing. Here whatever hit it was right on the edge on the drivers side about half way up. Must have been pretty decent size based on the crush pattern. The next morning (cold February morning) the crack started across and made its way all the way by the time I got to work. We had Safelite do it the next day as my schedule wasn't as wicked as your. They did do a great job and no issues 3 years later. Wife's Sienna has three check in different spots and they never spread. Been there for 6 years. :shrug:

Hope it works out for you and you have a great New Year.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, nightmare is right. Isn't it wild how those cracks grow. I had one about a week after I got my '11 Avenger. Something hit ******* the highway in the dark. Checked it when I got home and couldn't see a thing. Here whatever hit it was right on the edge on the drivers side about half way up. Must have been pretty decent size based on the crush pattern. The next morning (cold February morning) the crack started across and made its way all the way by the time I got to work. We had Safelite do it the next day as my schedule wasn't as wicked as your. They did do a great job and no issues 3 years later. Wife's Sienna has three check in different spots and they never spread. Been there for 6 years. :shrug:

Hope it works out for you and you have a great New Year.

I'm seriously considering shaving off my Anchor badge on the rear left window and putting up my ''Ace of Spades'' Pin Up Decal. It is a replacement I had gotten but never got around to putting on my Focus after the rear window was broken, that decal actually stopped the whole back window from just collapsing. Aside my tradition of having a Tax Disc in the windshield, it too doubles as a secondary anchor to minimize damage. Which is why I think the crack went down instead of all the way across. I was nervous as hell, ''wrenching'' that bastard off the windshield that I would deepen the crack. I do have some mermaid tattoo's I thought were vinyl decals that I would like to get decal versions made of since I have considered one of those for the back corner as well. I have Anchor Motors on the left hand side and K&N on the right hand side.

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped the old girl off at the body shop to get the deer damage repaired and picked up a rental 2015 Compass. What a world of difference.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I dropped the old girl off at the body shop to get the deer damage repaired and picked up a rental 2015 Compass. What a world of difference.

Of course the only things I drive are KJs
BUT buddy just bought a brand new Ram Rebel that's loaded
Hemi engine , 8 speed trans, shut the key off it lowers down for easier exit/ entry, start it up you have 3 different height settings, of course back up camera, big screen in the dash, heck you get a text message when driving and a lady's voice even reads it to ya!!!!!!!!!
Heated seats/ steering wheel not sure what else well had everything you could get on one since it was a special order

BUT got back in my KJ and man was like going back to a horse and buggy almost
Am I thinking of trading? :shrug:Heck no keeping my horse and buggy ,........well my KJs , all of them :ROFLJest:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the ambient temp sensor and put it back in its factory happy spot

Old one was cracked and broken. New one would not click in all the way. Took a small pick and got crud out of the connector
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one who believes in owning multiple vehicles, or when necessary renting something for a specific purpose. My jeep Hauls All The Things. the wife's stratus conveys us on the 600 mile round trip to see the in-laws. my shadow is my **** it car. and the neon... it's my Go Fast Make Smiles machine. If I ever get the storage spaces built on my property, i'm planning on a 300 of some flavor for those long trips.