What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed cv joint , finally received ironman lift....forgot to send rear shocks....broke my foot while kicking the pins out of the grape sprayer hooked up to the tractor. bah humbug

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot: bought the Jeep a Christmas present and it arrived today...

You must be registered for see images attach

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also got a Christmas gift for myself. It ain't much, but it'll tide me over for a bit. And I hope it will increase my safety margin.

You must be registered for see images

I didn't realize that hitch link was solid steel. Its heft surprised me.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in a pinch they'll brain someone really good, too.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there , done that few years back
Problem I found was I could waste way more money to go fast than I could ever going slow with a Jeep.
Plus last ticket at over 135 was not good :thumbsdown::happy175:
Lol not trying to go fast, just have an easier time turning 37's when I sas

Sent from my G870a on 38's

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it over the foggy rivers, then over the foggy bay, then through the foggy woods to my BILs for Christmas Day.

Then back again through rain. Phew.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
creeked around for an hour in it... looking at christmas lights.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in the new LED's that arrived last month, gave it a washy, vacuumed out the front, then took it out on the short road trip to the in-laws.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Stocking stuffers included some SeaFoam Motor treatment.:gr_grin:
One can was added to the fuel & took it on a good 50 mile hwy rip.
Then with the other can, I pulled the brake booster line where it goes into the Intake.
I had my own hose, and funnel connected, still taped the brake booster line.
54691[/ATTACH]"]

Set idle at 1900 rpm by propping a squeegee again against the seat/pedal :icon_lol:
Poured SeaFoam in slowly, not allowing it to stall, about a half a can, then turned engine off and let sit 15 minutes.
Once I restarted it ...ya a bit of a smoke show, did not last that long tho.
54693[/ATTACH]"]

Hit the hwy again for return trip, drove it like I stole it! :icon_lol:
Idle is much improved and get up a go is way better!
In other unrelated matters, I've been chasing a rough idle/engine shakes.
It is almost like a throttle flat spot, bad rpm surging now at 1650 rpm approximately in park.
Does not seem to effect driveabilty or cruise control, at the 1650 rpm...
I pulled the TPS after some tests..I think a new one is worth a try!
54695[/ATTACH]"]

Will see if that fixes the weird rpm going on, or the Dealer is going to have to diagnose it further.

Attachments

• SeaFoam%20smoke%20show2.jpg
    SeaFoam%20smoke%20show2.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 0
  • SeaFoam%20smoke%20show.jpg
    SeaFoam%20smoke%20show.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Throttle%20Pos%20Sensor.jpg
    Throttle%20Pos%20Sensor.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 0

Swisher

Reaction score
Changed the oil and didn't skimp on the expenses. I used Mobile 1 full synthetic with a Mobile 1 oil filter. Later today I'm planning to change out the front differential and both CV axles; however, I will make time to give it a thorough vacuum on the way to my buddy's garage.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my own hose, and funnel connected, still taped the brake booster line.
Set idle at 1900 rpm by propping a squeegee again against the seat/pedal :icon_lol:
Poured SeaFoam in slowly, not allowing it to stall, about a half a can, then turned engine off and let sit 15 minutes.
Once I restarted it ...ya a bit of a smoke show, did not last that long tho.

You want to see smoke, try this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Ford-PM-3-Carburetor-Tune-Up/dp/B000NU6RG8

Haven't tried it in the KJ yet but plan to. I buy 4-6 cans at a time right from the dealer and I use it twice a year in my Ranger for the carbon knock (there is a TSB from Ford for doing this). Much smoke! Don't think the smoke actually means anything but it really makes a difference in the throttle response and pre-detonation. I assume it is doing some cleaning due to the performance improvement. This gets sucked into the intake only, never goes in the gas. At warm idle 1/2 to 2/3 can very slowly through the canister purge line, shut off, wait an hour, rest goes through the same line then give it a few miles at around 3500 RPM. Then change the oil. Neighbors love me.

Will try it in the KJ next time I'm close to an oil change and once I figure out an equivalent vacuum line. Not a big fan of the brake booster line as it is such a big diameter.

nobody

Reaction score
So not today but in the past week...
Changed valve cover gaskets
Changed spark plugs
Changed coil #1
Replaced old crumbled wiring harness looms
Changed bank one downstream oxygen sensor
Rebuilt cv joint on prop shaft
Changed oil pressure sensor, NOTE if anyone goes to buy a 1 1/16 deep well socket to swap out this sensor make sure and get a 6 point socket. The 12 point worked on the replacement sensor but wouldn't grab on the origional sensor.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got to work and home safely but the windshield now needs replaced..... I knew it would be something stupid to jack up my insurance just as it goes back down again.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me guess..salt / gravel on snowy roads, being thrown about by opposing hwy traffic.
My windshield has a $200 deductible no increase in insurance, what's going on in Iowa?

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me guess..salt / gravel on snowy roads, being thrown about by opposing hwy traffic.
My windshield has a $200 deductible no increase in insurance, what's going on in Iowa?

The snow storm of the year (Started about six in the morning with snow, died off for a bit then was freezing rain turned back into snow), two D-Bags flew past me on the interstate going home, I heard a thud against the windshield though it was snow from the tops of one. Didn't think nothing of it since I was keeping track of my surroundings. I happened to hit a well lit area about a mile before the exit and saw the crack, all along the bottom starting at DEAD CENTER going up and across the whole driver side just above the wiper blade. I have Progressive, they crank insurance up on anything they can.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I had a close call with a mini van throwing hard snow from roof as well, chunk hit hood, luckily not windshield.
IDK why drivers cant clear their roof, & then pass you when they have 2 lanes, yet still cut in tight in front of you. I have to call them inconsiderate A holes. I had a HD dash cam running, and If they would have broke my glass, they would have had to pay for it as law here requires you to clear the roof as well.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I had a close call with a mini van throwing hard snow from roof as well, chunk hit hood, luckily not windshield.
IDK why drivers cant clear their roof, & then pass you when they have 2 lanes, yet still cut in tight in front of you. I have to call them inconsiderate A holes. I had a HD dash cam running, and If they would have broke my glass, they would have had to pay for it as law here requires you to clear the roof as well.

Same here, if I had a camera I would have known which one did it and turned it in. Law here requires roofs to be cleaned as well or face fines.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the law everywhere says the roof has to be cleaned. Couple people were killed here a few years back because some moron didn't clean 8" of hard-packed snow off their roof...flew off, hit the windshield, driver was blind and hit the Jersey wall. MSP asked radio stations to remind everyone that it's the law right after that.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hearby demand the law read anyone failing to clear snow from the roof of their vehicle be automatically summarily executed.

You must be registered for see images