What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya :icon_lol: Or...
Between the Adapter & Eaton S/C someone is preparing For....
54650[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

KJ WARP DRIVE!!! outtahere.gif

Attachments

• Warp%20Drive%20KJ.jpg
    Warp%20Drive%20KJ.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does a wiper blade fall off in the stinking parking lot? :shakehead:

I had just pulled into the lot and turned them down from full speed(raining hard)to normal and it just popped off.
Luckily it fell into the cowling between the hood and windshield.
They don't have a release/keeper tang like most, just friction/click fit.

Gyro

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya :icon_lol: Or...
Between the Adapter & Eaton S/C someone is preparing For....
54652[/ATTACH]"]

KJ WARP DRIVE!!! outtahere.gif

I think it'll be more like this...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see someone safely, effectively, and reliably boost the 3.7L. But everything I've seen and read has said the motor will NOT take kindly to it. Call it a candle of hope amongst a raging inferno of doubt.

Attachments

• Warp%20Drive%20KJ.jpg
    Warp%20Drive%20KJ.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it'll be more like this...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see someone safely, effectively, and reliably boost the 3.7L. But everything I've seen and read has said the motor will NOT take kindly to it. Call it a candle of hope amongst a raging inferno of doubt.
The Dodge guys have been doing it to the 4.7 for years. Basically the same thing minus 2 cylinders. The thing about boost, whether s/c or turbo is you must have a good tune. Dirty tunes blow motors, your timing and afr has to be correct, you also have to have the extra fuel available. Kinda like n2o having a bad rep for blowing engines, but 98% of the time it's a bad tune/user error. Not having a window switch is a cause of a lot of n2o failures, allowing the n2o to pool in the intake between shifts, and when it does it goes boom. The stock pcm limits tunability, so it's common to add a standalone such as megasquirtII, which I had to do on my Cobra . I have a drbiii so I have a little more options with the stock pcm than most people so I'll have to play around and see.

Sent from my G870a on 38's

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhat correct, at least the boom part lol. Intake manifold adapter to fit an Eaton s/c. Should be relatively safe with 4-6psi and a good tune. Either way I'm starting my forged internal parts collection, and may be picking up a junjyard 3.7

Please do a write up on the forged internals involved in the upgrade when you complete!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dodge guys have been doing it to the 4.7 for years. Basically the same thing minus 2 cylinders. The thing about boost, whether s/c or turbo is you must have a good tune. Dirty tunes blow motors, your timing and afr has to be correct, you also have to have the extra fuel available. Kinda like n2o having a bad rep for blowing engines, but 98% of the time it's a bad tune/user error. Not having a window switch is a cause of a lot of n2o failures, allowing the n2o to pool in the intake between shifts, and when it does it goes boom. The stock pcm limits tunability, so it's common to add a standalone such as megasquirtII, which I had to do on my Cobra . I have a drbiii so I have a little more options with the stock pcm than most people so I'll have to play around and see.

Sitting back.........and waiting , wish you luck but know what happens

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock pcm limits tunability, so it's common to add a standalone such as megasquirtII, which I had to do on my Cobra . I have a drbiii so I have a little more options with the stock pcm than most people so I'll have to play around and see.

I've always been curious about those things. Can you get a Megasquirt 2 to work with the 3.7L?? Always seems like they are adaptable to anything, from the website at least. By standalone, do you mean run it in parallel with the stock ECU?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rechecked my work from this weekend.
outer Tie rod end and axle nut.

hunting for the source of my TF case leak.

Added some 0F washer fluid and wiped some silicone lube the door weather stripping.

Dumb UPS put my McMaster-carr order on the wrong truck.
Couldn't get the ****** pressure sensor o-ring replaced nor the skid plate on.
x.x

A few more things to do on the HEEP.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
A few more things to do on the HEEP.
IDK Is it bad luck or a bad idea to call your Jeep a Heep? :shrug:

Sometimes we beat on our Jeeps, so it's no surprise we need part$, that can make us weep.
As long as My Jeep can still creep, even go deep, I know I can still get a good night's sleep.
Our Jeep may be the Black sheep, but when I leave you in the dust, you know you've just been beat!
Some may call our Jeep cheap, at least mine's not headed for the junk heap!
I get lots of looks even when I drive on the street, I still like to waive and go beep beep!
:party52:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Sometimes we beat on our Jeeps, so it's no surprise we need part$, that can make us weep.
As long as My Jeep can still creep, even go deep, I know I can still get a good night's sleep.
Our Jeep may be the Black sheep, but when I leave you in the dust, you know you've just been beat!
I get lots of looks even when I drive on the street, I still like to waive and go beep beep!

Oh my,
a poet and didn't know it

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled it up with $1.65/gal gas, bought it wiper blades, filled it up with beer from the beer store.

Now home, away from the absolute madness outside.

Oh, and this happened when I pulled into the gas station:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitting back.........and waiting , wish you luck but know what happens
I'll get it right eventually, I'm sure I'll hit a few roadblocks. Cylinder pressure and heat kills boosted engines. Can from lack of fuel, detonation, too much boost, or high compression. The tune has a huge impact on durability of a boosted engine, but the same goes for n/a and n2o as well. Just slapping an s/c or turbo on and plugging in some pre-loaded handheld tuner just doesn't cut it. My uncle has been running a combo of nitrous and anywhere between16-24psi and on his Whipple'd 03 Cobra since 2007. He's putting down over 800hp to the wheels on e85, and he drives it to work every day

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been curious about those things. Can you get a Megasquirt 2 to work with the 3.7L?? Always seems like they are adaptable to anything, from the website at least. By standalone, do you mean run it in parallel with the stock ECU?
You can run a ms2 on anything. It's piggybacking on the stock pcm. I'm going to see what I can do with the stock pcm since I have a drbiii. A somewhat local dealership was closing it's doors and I picked up the drbiii setup for a price I couldn't turn down, especially since I always try to keep a Jeep of some sort parked in the driveway.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, I took my JBA top plates out and replaced them with the 3/8" cnc machined ones I made at my uncles shop. Also added another extra rear isolator for a total of 2 extra per side. I'll post some pics whenever it decides to stop flooding.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll get it right eventually, I'm sure I'll hit a few roadblocks. Cylinder pressure and heat kills boosted engines. Can from lack of fuel, detonation, too much boost, or high compression. The tune has a huge impact on durability of a boosted engine, but the same goes for n/a and n2o as well. Just slapping an s/c or turbo on and plugging in some pre-loaded handheld tuner just doesn't cut it. My uncle has been running a combo of nitrous and anywhere between16-24psi and on his Whipple'd 03 Cobra since 2007. He's putting down over 800hp to the wheels on e85, and he drives it to work every day

Been there , done that few years back
Problem I found was I could waste way more money to go fast than I could ever going slow with a Jeep.
Plus last ticket at over 135 was not good :thumbsdown::happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

That kind of setup and power definitely needs a custom tune! I've got an SCTx3 with some custom tunes back when Bamachips did the 4.0 Rangers. Guess he only does Mustangs now through American Muscle. Those custom tunes do make a huge difference even in my little truck. Never fiddled with much beyond the customs tunes. I get on that thing every once in a while. Really thought I would have blown it up by now. :gr_grin: