What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop wanted to charge me $13.00 per plug and $28.00 per plug installation. Just the plugs! The coil packs were priced separately for parts and installation. Heck, I may not even need a tune...I get 19.4mpg city and 23.8 hwy in FT 4WD.

Yea i used nkg plugs as recommended on this forum they were only $3 each and i didnt change my coil packs but priced them out at around $30 ea at the local auto parts store amazon has a six pack with spark plugs for $100 i could not imagine spending they much on something that cost me $20 to do myself and i am in no way a mechanic but its a really easy job get a 5/8 spark plug socket and some different length extensions makes it easier

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the coil packs on mine today. Easy-peasy and seriously smooth at idle again.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really need to get my PCV Valve done one of these times, probably with this paycheck I"ll get it ordered and done by the end of the month when my next day is off. Heat wave going on so even if I wanted to do it after work its still too hot out to do it.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 86° with 62% humidity here and I did all 6 coils. How bad is it there that you won't do the PCV valve?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LeeAnn, don't know about Iowa, but if it was in the mid 80's here in AR, I'd see folks in long sleeves!

96 today!

Bob

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a cold summer in chicago high tomorrow will only be 75 today it got up to 80

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 86° with 62% humidity here and I did all 6 coils. How bad is it there that you won't do the PCV valve?

Monday, high 96F, 78% Relative Humidity, heat index 110F. Yesterday, 88F, 60% Relative Humidity, heat index 96F. I'm outside working in it ALL DAY.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Libby back on a rack yesterday and changed the transfer case lube, I ran out of time Monday when I did ATF and diffs. That schit was NASTY!!! Black, and so thick I wondered if somebody had put 85W in it some time in the past. Filled it with ATF+4, expect I'll drain and refill at next oil change, just to get it back all pretty and red.

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monday, high 96F, 78% Relative Humidity, heat index 110F. Yesterday, 88F, 60% Relative Humidity, heat index 96F. I'm outside working in it ALL DAY.

I look at it as, once you've sweat soaked your underroos, it can't get any worse and just plod on.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took 3 evenings by myself but all done!

Before:

You must be registered for see images attach

After:

Now I just need it aligned so I can drive it. Hoping I won't need A-Arms JUST yet!!!

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Before:

After:

Now I just need it aligned so I can drive it. Hoping I won't need A-Arms JUST yet!!!

Yayyyyu

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Before:

After:

Congrates!! It looks good!!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Before:

After:

That's fantastic - way to go!! :waytogo:

You asked all the right questions, got all the info and tools lined up and now you're fully lifted. How's it ride?

Bob