What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no skid plate, dropped a 10mm socket down in the engine, even crawled under to see if it fell down on the ground. Nope nadda, started the engine cringing that I would hear it ricochet every where like a stray bullet. Nothing, no clue what happened to that socket other than it had to have fallen somewhere only to fall off driving down the road.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got to wash the KJ - seems like there was a quarter inch of salt on it.

I hate seeing that salt sit there for even a couple of days :favorites68:

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to wash mine, too. And my Astro...which is white, so it's harder to see, but don't rub against it or you'll be white, too...

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started my Jeep and immediately knew something was wrong by the idle then the CEL came up, Scanned with my OBDII and cylinder 1 misfire came up, Cleared the code and swapped the cylinder 1 and cylinder 3 coil pack and fired it up with same issue, Scanned the Jeep and code moved to Cylinder 3, Replaced the coil pack and no issues, I think I have now replaced all the coil packs so should be okay for a while, What is the issue with these coil packs failing, Seems like everyone has to replace them then and now.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
At how many miles did your first & last coil packs fail?
I wonder how many volts the coil packs are putting out?
The ignition system/coil packs does fire hot. My guess heat has a lot to do with it.
Look where the pack sits, and all that engine heat too.
It reminds me of a wire or a fuse, it it over heats it melts/fails.
Nothing lasts forever, and by the looks of it, neither do our coil packs.:icon_lol:
What brand of coil pack did you install?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally warmed up so I could wash it.
Found a bare spot the size of a monkey's fist on the rocker panel beneath the passenger side rear door. Not rusted yet, just a big patch of bare metal:thumbsdown:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some rock lights , some footwell lights and some lights in the grill. Matches my black and red theme. they come on and off when unlocked, when the doors open, and when using the dome switch on the column. Also a big Thanks to LibertyTC for helping me out!

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Fierce looking Jeep, Bruce. Very nice. :favorites13:

Kind of got a Jurassic Park aura to it.

You must be registered for see images attach

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC02086.jpg
    DSC02086.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I got mine washed today. The deluxe, el primo, and expensive one. Twenty-Three bucks worth of suds with some cute Spanish girls washing the insides of the windows. I tipped 'em a dollar, being the high-roller that I am.

Got in the Jeep to drive off from the car wash, turned on the radio, then heard we're getting an ice storm tonight. My guess is that the salt will be back on there by tomorrow afternoon. :emotions34:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
-I see Wicked Bruce now has a wicked looking :Whoa: Jeep!
I had no idea it was going to look that good! Very Nice work!

-ElCheapo normally the alternator does the charging, jeep is not running in photo.
Behind the battery you can see the C-Tek battery charger, it's output is what was currently being seen by the VOM's. :anitoof:

-Prof, Good to get the salt off the Jeep, even if it lasts a few days. No pics?
I generally try to find the DIY hand power wash bays, But if the girls can do the windows..well...that's special!
I am going to try to save for a pro detail for my Jeep this year. A good wax & buff job is really needed. :)

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some rock lights , some footwell lights and some lights in the grill. Matches my black and red theme. they come on and off when unlocked, when the doors open, and when using the dome switch on the column. Also a big Thanks to LibertyTC for helping me out!

So we'll be expecting a How to and lots of pictures in the near future?

Latest posts

Members online