What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think i'll drop the plow tomorrow and take it for a wash as well. she is DIRTY.

next year it's getting the whole undercarriage treated I've decided. once the weather is warmer than feinstein's heart.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brought it to my guys to check the front end to see why it's pulling. Everything checked out but a separate note the rear left parking brake locked up so I got a appointment tomorrow to have a warranty fix. Also found a shop that can do alignments on lifted everything finally!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
washed it.
also found an interesting project jeep.

anyone know where I can find a 2005 engine from a manual? with flywheel? :D

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As LUK would have it, ;) you can get a new flywheel for $210....as long as you're talking about a 3.7.
The dual mass flywheel for the 4 ****** is almost thrice that.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
planning on going out to see it on Wednesday.
story is the guy bought it from a woman, after she had the engine pulled (for some reason) and decided NOT to get it put back in. no idea what all is missing from the bay at this point, but I'm betting it's more than just the motor itself. worst case I'll grab it for a lot less than asking and keep it for parts for mine. unless of course I also find an 05/06 smashed in the backside for good price as well.

I think I might have a problem/disease/sickness. :D

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ hehehehehe ;)

Took mine to the beer store and filled up the back, then took it to the gas store and filled up the tank for $1.99/gal, then brought it home so I could start emptying the containers from the beer store ;)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny part about this jeep I found... the guy I talked to bought it thinking he'd put it back together... without the motor! he discovered finding the flywheel was something between epic hard and ******* impossible. :D asking $1900 for it... going to see if I can get it for $1000. the rest of it looks pretty damn good for a 10 year old vehicle with 125k on the clock, so I'm betting I could get a bunch of really nice parts out of it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and based on the belt routing sticker seen in the one pic of it, it was a v6. which is kind of disappointing... if it was an i4 it would have had the 4.10 gears in it already. I wouldn't have to do that change to mine later on... I could have just swapped the rear axle and front diff.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny part about this jeep I found... the guy I talked to bought it thinking he'd put it back together... without the motor! he discovered finding the flywheel was something between epic hard and ******* impossible. :D asking $1900 for it... going to see if I can get it for $1000. the rest of it looks pretty damn good for a 10 year old vehicle with 125k on the clock, so I'm betting I could get a bunch of really nice parts out of it.
What color??

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1.89 here. just sayin'.

%*^&$#(* house of delegates put in an automatic gas tax raise(s) into law. Gas tax went up on Jan 1, regardless of the feeling of the people. Or it'd be lower.

And now our hapless idiotic former gov (otherwise known as OweMalley) is going to be a business professor at Johns Hopkins. Whodathunkit? The dude hasn't the first clue about business...trust me. All he knows how to do is raise taxes on EVERYONE so he can send that money to Baltimore City for their social programs.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
^^
I didn't "Like" it because I liked what they did, I "Liked" it because I'm happy to see that there are still people who get ticked off by that stuff.