What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil/filter.

Dave

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New brakes all around, and removed my entire tcase shift cable to find out its not adjustable and all I need is a new bushing. (Or 38 cent axle nut from ace)

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it. changed back to original drive shaft with new u joints.

Losened and retighted front sway bar to deal with clunk. seemed to work.

Greased upper ball joints.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Well, I crippled myself somewhat today crawling under our Rig and found the the problem to our wretched "clunk".
Turns out the bushings in the swaybar end links are completely worn out.
I temporarily disconnected them for the time being and no more clunking
from the front end.
Also discovered that the new re-manufactured NAPA passengers side half shaft
inner and outer CV joints are completely shot!
Dead, kaput, done for. Less than 2000 miles on them.
Talk about crap!
Time to spend a little more money and buy either Jeepin by Al
Half shafts with cut down inner CV joints or the J.E. Reel units.
Not going to take a chance on another NAPA part and have it granade on us
When we're hundreds of miles in the back country...
No thanks!
Also ordered an OEM rad because the three month old "Specrta" aftermarket
unit has already sprung a leak and is ******* coolant from the same spot as usual.
I'll also never buy that junk again!
Just Empty Every Pocket!

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I crippled myself somewhat today crawling under our Rig and found the the problem to our wretched "clunk".
Turns out the bushings in the swaybar end links are completely worn out.
I temporarily disconnected them for the time being and no more clunking
from the front end.
Also discovered that the new re-manufactured NAPA passengers side half shaft
inner and outer CV joints are completely shot!
Dead, kaput, done for. Less than 2000 miles on them.
Talk about crap!
Time to spend a little more money and buy either Jeepin by Al
Half shafts with cut down inner CV joints or the J.E. Reel units.
Not going to take a chance on another NAPA part and have it granade on us
When we're hundreds of miles in the back country...
No thanks!
Also ordered an OEM rad because the three month old "Specrta" aftermarket
unit has already sprung a leak and is ******* coolant from the same spot as usual.
I'll also never buy that junk again!
Just Empty Every Pocket!

geeeezzz!

had a napa cv last for about 5K. went back down to 22" and this one is lasting a lot longer.
Beginning to think the NAPA reman's don't like being that high, then again the originals don't either.

The HD cvs are way out of my price range. I'm stuck at 22" if I wan't something reliable. I just don't want to risk anything anymore. Getting tired of it. :yawn::yawn:

MikeHype

Reaction score
Joined this site and am learning the myriad of things that I haven't yet done to my '05 Limited. Definitely getting a roof basket from eTrailer, going to start working on the home made cross rails. Would be easier if I could just do them in black, but I have chrome roof rails.

ck2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had discount tire patch a tire, rotate and balance all four tires. Also connection a scanner to the jeep today to trouble shoot some a/c issues and i believe it through a U0140 code Saying it lost communication to bcm, please give me some input on where to go from there.
The a/c will work perfectly fine then you turn the kj off and start it back up and its like the a/c compressor wont come back on. The relay/switch is working my dad brought home the wrong scanner. So we couldn't see if we could force it on but we also couldn't duplicate the problem. So tell me is this a bad bcm or maybe some electrical gremlins. I'm going to test the battery tomorrow. On a side note I have noticed all the light kind of flinch when hitting the break pedal. Please help me out if you can. Thanks

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not all today but in the past 2 weeks ive detailed it, cleaned the air filter, pcv valve, iac valve, installed a set of teraflex 1.25" wheel spacers and put the stock wheels and tires back on to use up the michelins, and i just ordered 4 rear upper isolators and 1/4" top plates from jba, now looking at a tube bumper from a TJ for a potential front bumper upgrade

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today used some JB Weld to reattach one of the little plastic inset pieces of my grille - hit a bird on the freeway that did an impressive amount of damage considering its size. But now the grille looks great again!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had one lug nut go bad ( I think some one helping me one day started in cross threaded) so replaced it after finding my extra ones
Also had to replace 2-2 o2 sensor

Never hurts to have a few spares around ya know
You must be registered for see images attach

bharney

Reaction score
Sons first car 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited

We replaced the bad 2003 3.7 V6 with a 2007 3.7 V6 with only 46,000 miles.

Replaced the front rotors and brakes, and replaced 2 bad tires. Charged up the A/C and finally got it all titled and licensed.

Gave it to my 15 year old son as his first car. He is thrilled with it and loves the way it drives. He just got his driving permit a few weeks ago and already has his own Jeep.

I let him drive it to summer school and then I take it home and pick him up after school when he chaffeurs me back home again.

He was driving my supercab longbed Ford turbo diesel and says that driving this is like driving a go kart. Easy to park and drive.

I am running synthetic oil and this new engine always has, so I hope it lasts a long time.

Members online

No members online now.