What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJJ

Reaction score
Installed some new rubber jeep floor mats all around in my 2006. They color match the carpet perfectly. Also bought new tires yesterday, not installed yet (Michelin LTX AT2 x 5).

A week or so ago I finally bought a front license plate bracket. Been driving for a year without so I thought I should before getting a ticket. :)

KJJ

Reaction score
This thread should be a sticky. KJJ let me know how you like the Michelin tires

I like them. I have the same tires on my 2005 KJ. The sidewall isn't as rigid as others. I'm told that makes for a better off road experience but honestly my jeeps see very little off road activity. I buy them for the wet road, snow, and ice traction people seem to rate them high with. No complaints here. I also like the slightly more aggressive looking profile. :)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Took her into the DC Dealership for Trans service and Fuel injector cleaning ... $292.00 before tax. Those are just about the only maintenance items I leave to the pros with the machines :) Worth every cent.

Tinkrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did to my Jeep today

Installed Electronic Cruise Control on my 05 KJ. It took me about an hour. Bought it from Jeepsareus

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tinkrr - I'm looking to do the same on my 05, have any wisdom you may have learned in your install?

@seabass1858 - got those tires on this last week. Loving them so far, good ride and great grip.

Today I took my Jeep to Wyoming. Heading out for the desert tomorrow.

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got tires yesterday.... Wrangler Territory in 245/75R16. Really pleased with the look. :smokin:

Next is to clearance the pinch weld, and graphite colour wheel paint.

Last edited by a moderator:

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KJ has been getting alot of attention lately. The last week i've been on it every day. diagnosed my electrical issues and fixed all of them. Finally have working dash lights and all exterior lights!! Thought the day would never come!
Hammered out my mangled tailgate. Biggest PIA ever. There are so many support members in that tailgate, no dents want to just pop out. Got it pretty straight but with alot of ripples. Bondo'ed, block sanded, bondo'ed, block sanded, primered, block sanded. finally looking pretty good. a couple imperfections i still need to go back and bondo and block sand some more. Trying to keep that stuff as thin as possible.

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Accident. I know there is a very good chance the bondo will crack. i am keeping it off the bracing areas in an attempt at having that not happen. This is basically a temporary thing until I can find a clean tail gate at a salvage yard. They are not easy to come across. Even if it cracks it will be that area behind the tire between the 2 braces. thats the only part that couldnt be hammered out very well.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had it on the Rez today.

Dave