What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I got one of these:

Green Aluminum Sport Utility Shovel

You must be registered for see images attach

I ordered it because I expect a harsh winter. Now that I have it we are guaranteed to get no snow whatsoever. :icon_cool:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw the small stuff,you need some 315/75R16's:waytogo:

Nice!!

So my future mods include either a JBA steel front diff with 4.56's all around or SFA the Jeep and this time I'm going to your house instead of Tom's to swap out the IFS and put the Ford axle in the front :smokin:

Guys, this is getting expensive :Caffeine:

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just passed inspection for another year! (I was worried this time due to the new exhaust...)

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new shift knob

I installed a new shift knob on my 5 speed. Only 19 bucks! No cheap plastic bushing one either. A real threaded cue ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
4.10 swap for someone that visits on here every now and again today.
He's ready now :big_banana_Dance:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures please Mudd. Yahoo Bob your going to be so happy with the new found tork happy happy hard peddle.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.10 swap for someone that visits on here every now and again today.
He's ready now :big_banana_Dance:

Oh am I ready! Seriously, the Libby drives much smoother, more torque, doesn't feel like it has oversize tires and a lift on it. It's got Ooomph again!

Pictures please Mudd. Yahoo Bob your going to be so happy with the new found tork happy happy hard peddle.

Well Porkchop, here ya go. The 3.73 rear axle getting ready to come out:
You must be registered for see images

Tom getting the "new" 4.10 axle ready to go in. The old rotors are still on it but the axle is cleaned up otherwise; my rotors went on the new axle. Gears themselves look great, and they should since there's only 43,000 miles on them:

The hole where the rear axle used to be:

The old front diff in the front, the 4.10 diff in the back. Tom's doing his magic:

The front hole with the suspension and front diff out:

Essentially I now have factory 4.10's front and rear, but with a V6 instead of a 4 cylinder. So it's time to start considering taller tires :smoke2:

Thanks Tom!

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Put new front wiper blades on the WK!
(and Mario went for a "vacation" ie a trip into the woods about a mile from my house) :D

They are Bosch Clear Advantages. Got them from Rockauto for $5 a blade and $9 shipping for the set, so $19 total. Not bad for the beam type of blade, locals stores want $19-23 a blade...so I did good. :D Can't see spending $40+ for a pair.

decibelchild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought a new badge for the hood and back gate.
mine are no longer chromed and figured it would be nice to touch it up :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
bought a new badge for the hood and back gate.
mine are no longer chromed and figured it would be nice to touch it up :)

Funny how some paint the badges, some, like me, removed them all before it was 3 months old, others buy new ones
individualism at its best

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I had the cooling system flushed and refilled with fresh coolant... wadda mess!

I have an '02 Liberty with only 50 thousand and change miles on it, and had the coolant flush done at about 30,000. The "slop" that came out of the system today looked like nasty hot chocolate, with lumps of cottage cheese mixed in... it was gruesome!

Fortunately, the tech who did the job said he was able to get all the junk out and there didn't appear to be any damage done. He told me he'd never seen coolant so bad, particularly stuff that had only 20,000 or so miles on it

My little Liberty is much, much happier now...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I had the cooling system flushed and refilled with fresh coolant... wadda mess!

I have an '02 Liberty with only 50 thousand and change miles on it, and had the coolant flush done at about 30,000. The "slop" that came out of the system today looked like nasty hot chocolate, with lumps of cottage cheese mixed in... it was gruesome!

Fortunately, the tech who did the job said he was able to get all the junk out and there didn't appear to be any damage done. He told me he'd never seen coolant so bad, particularly stuff that had only 20,000 or so miles on it

My little Liberty is much, much happier now...
Hope the correct HOAT coolant was used,all others are dexcool regardless of what anyone say's.Most likely the wrong coolant was used the last time and why it was so bad so early.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought some Bilstein gaz front shock to go with the lift kit :) Canèt wait to get it install and to be able do drive it like it should, not like I drove a dropped gayrolla and I have to avoid all little dent on the road -_-

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope the correct HOAT coolant was used,all others are dexcool regardless of what anyone say's.Most likely the wrong coolant was used the last time and why it was so bad so early.

Thanks for the heads up... I didn't think that might have been the problem. I originally had the flush done at the dealer, and foolish me, ASSUMED they would use the proper coolant.

Having just had it done again, I should check and make sure the coolant this shop used was "the right stuff".

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchase my Tommudd Econo lift and JBA A arms.. Hopefully my ball joints will make it to Christmas break so I can do the install.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Restored my headlights and third taillight. Then tore apart my console (because I just couldn't get to it from the bottom) and replaced my TCPS switch.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the passenger-side reverse light. Will have to contact the LED supplier as they have a wee bit longer warranty than 5 months.