What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sun Valley

Reaction score
Changed the transmission fluid and filters, new front brake pads and rotors, new hood emblem, new tires, oil change.

decibelchild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove out of town to hang out with my friend and go to his kids hockey game. the next day i drove back home (a couple hours out of town)
the engine check light randomly blinked 5 times and than stayed on, i have noticed zero effect on how the jeep operates. tomorrow i hope to put a scanner on it to figure out what little dumb sensor went out.

ideas of what it is fellow jeepers?

decibelchild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how some paint the badges, some, like me, removed them all before it was 3 months old, others buy new ones
individualism at its best

the joys of jeeping indeed, you have yours painted,removed or dechromed?

i like the clean look of having no badges but i already have the badges on order so im just going to go with the clean up the jeep plan

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
the joys of jeeping indeed, you have yours painted,removed or dechromed?

i like the clean look of having no badges but i already have the badges on order so im just going to go with the clean up the jeep plan

Removed them all back in 2004 a month after I bought it, my wife hated it when i did it since you are suppose to leave those on so people know what you drive :icon_smile:
Maybe I should have though since people are always asking what it is, then I get " No way never seen a Jeep liberty look like that "

decibelchild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed them all back in 2004 a month after I bought it, my wife hated it when i did it since you are suppose to leave those on so people know what you drive :icon_smile:
Maybe I should have though since people are always asking what it is, then I get " No way never seen a Jeep liberty look like that "

hahahaha they dont know what it is, looks like you weeded out the people you dont need to talk to *crying in laughter*

cheers on the all your own style that you have goin on :D

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
drove out of town to hang out with my friend and go to his kids hockey game. the next day i drove back home (a couple hours out of town)
the engine check light randomly blinked 5 times and than stayed on, i have noticed zero effect on how the jeep operates. tomorrow i hope to put a scanner on it to figure out what little dumb sensor went out.

ideas of what it is fellow jeepers?

Flashing CEL means either a BAD misfire or something else that can damage the catalytic converter.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the sway bar links with a set of Mopar links - while melting snow/slush dripped all over me. Total respect for techs who have to work on the underside of vehicles in snowy areas. You guys rock :peace:

The banging, clanging, clunking that was there is gone - for now. I have about 1000 miles of Thanksgiving travel this weekend and I'll let you know next week if everything is still good.

Happy Thanksgiving KJ'ers! :icon_mrgreen:

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here!:D

Bob...just wondering, what where your symptoms that lead you to the sway bar end links?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here!:D

Bob...just wondering, what where your symptoms that lead you to the sway bar end links?

It started at Windrock - first as popping, then progressed to outright banging. I could tell it was the links because I disconnected them and drove carefully around the neighborhood and the noises disappeared. I bought OEM links this time (pricey!) but they worked fine on a 500 mile trip down here to Knoxville. (About 30 minutes from Windrock - tempting to go on a trail ride! :emotions33: )

Gonna help with turkey prep now!

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I might disconnect mine and try it. Thanks!

Go for a trail ride...at least do that one between the camp ground and trail head. Or the staircase. :D

SiRRuS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So After my initial upgrade, 2.5" lift, ARB Bar + Winch, Upgraded ****** Cooler, I picked up the Jeep all was well for about 3 km when I smelled this horrid clutch smell. When they installed the ARB bar, they bent the shroud of the fan causing it to burn the clutch and overheat. :( I was rather pissed.

So after 3 weeks of hell with it, the Jeep now has: New 2.5" CRDSTU Lift, New JBA 4.5 UCA, ARB Bar, New Rad Fan, New Cooler fluid, New Thermo, Upgraded ****** Cooler from the original HD Tow Package to a much larger one :), New Italian Leather Wheel Skin (stitched), 9000lb Dyneema Spooled Winch.

So we are finally up and ripping again :D

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Next thing is bigger tires, whats your suggestions? I will be bashing the Pinch in.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and filter. Pretty dark at 2600 miles, so I guess I'll do it again at 2500 miles. PO had it changed at 5000 or more at Pep Boys with unknown oil so I guess I'm cleaning it out. Oh, and they never had the plugs changed, so 80,000 miles on original plugs, so I'm guessing stuff got kinds carboned up inside.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove him to the doctor.
Rough driving + check engine light = water inside the cyl.2 spark plug tube. Got the 6 spark plug cleaned and swapped the ingnition coil and spark plug between the 6 cylinder. The nice side of working on a naval shipyard, humydity, EVERYWHERE.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Drove him to the doctor.
Rough driving + check engine light = water inside the cyl.2 spark plug tube. Got the 6 spark plug cleaned and swapped the ingnition coil and spark plug between the 6 cylinder. The nice side of working on a naval shipyard, humydity, EVERYWHERE.

Bummer ... hope she gets dried out!

Tesla + H2O = :shocked:

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup he's fine. The mechanic was nice and fitted me between 2 tire change, ended taking an hour for finding the issue and mixing all the coil and spark plug but he still did it. Now it should be fine for a time and I'll swap the spark plug at the next oil change even if they are good only to make sure.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep...so I packed up the Libby and we headed out...SouthEast to the San Rafael Swell. Over 400 frames (pics), 11 hours and 360 miles later, the Libby is all cleaned up and put away for the evening. :)

Beautiful, balmy weather this morning @ 7450 ft elevation over Soldier Summit! Love it!
You must be registered for see images attach

The walls around here are massive! Pics really don't do the area justice!

These walls contain several ancient petroglyphs from the Pueblo Indians.

Utah's Little Grand Canyon...

(Man, I need to get the front driveshaft taken care of before my next trip!!)