What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Kilby skids have a great reputation on the KJ but unfortunately they never made one for the KK. Asfir Skids has one for the KK, made of aluminum and $400 shipped from Israel. That’s a bit more than I want to spend.

Tom, I located a KK Renegade with the Skid Plate package and only 70,000 miles on it at a junkyard near your old stomping ground in northern OH. May be worth a day trip next week when I’m in southern MI visiting the in-laws. What are the chances of a 70k mile-old skid not being rotted away in the salt belt?
Hopefully it is a good one

Mshack

Reaction score
Mark the cam on each bolt so you can get the new bolts installed correctly and close to being in alignment
When you say correctly install the bolts? I can mess that up? Or do ya mean correctly lined up? With the marks.

Cause I can ***** up a bolt install...and not even know I am ******** it up

Mshack

Reaction score
When you say correctly install the bolts? I can mess that up? Or do ya mean correctly lined up? With the marks.

And I'm surprised ya didn't say anything about the bump stop missing. Know what do I do? I didn't order those.

Mshack

Reaction score
Got the antifreeze-coolant replaced after work and church...old man worn smooth out.
Took the top radiator hose off cause looked like a pin hole leak had been spraying a spot on the power steering pump. And I was correct. Small crack on bottom side of the hose. Replaced it and replaced the fill/overflow reservoir also. Looks much better and all fresh fuild filled and no leaks!

SUCCESS
Update! Ran hard yesterday and not an ounce of fluid missing from fill container. So that lil bitty crack in the upper hose WAS leaking. Glad to be part of this forum. I would have never known about proper antifreeze-coolant and would have never check the hoses for a pin hole.

Thanks y'all for having me

Also...heard there was a tool for those spring loaded hose clamps, the ones that are a total pain in the **** to move around with a pair of pliers.
Well, I stopped to look for this tool here and I HAVE TO SAY!

A-MAZE-ING
You must be registered for see images attach

kmitch

Reaction score
One of the main reasons dealers do not install a hitch on is the bolts in the frame are too rusty
Check them before buying or finding a hitch setup
I've had them in my shop where there is no way I would even attempt to try and get a bolt in, nut and frame both too rusted

So, basically I'm S.O.L. on putting a tow hitch on my Liberty :(

If so, I guess I'll be selling it so I can get something with a tow hitch. Won't go off-road without a rear hard point for winching/strapping. And was planning on getting a small trailer to hold camping gear and what not.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So, basically I'm S.O.L. on putting a tow hitch on my Liberty :(

If so, I guess I'll be selling it so I can get something with a tow hitch. Won't go off-road without a rear hard point for winching/strapping. And was planning on getting a small trailer to hold camping gear and what not.
Not entirely no, buy a thread chaser and keep working it in to the nuts that are in the frame

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Mark each adjuster on the LCA bolts, so you can get it close to alignment
I would buy all new bolts since many times they are rusted into the sleeve and have to be cut out

Mshack

Reaction score
Mark each adjuster on the LCA bolts, so you can get it close to alignment
I would buy all new bolts since many times they are rusted into the sleeve and have to be cut out
Jus a quick update

Good news is the bolts were not rusted into the sleeves, on the rt side. Have it completely torn down. Working on left side now, shock and spring are out, sway bar link removed, and both ball joint nuts loose. Still got plenty more to do.