What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TS7424

Reaction score
This should be a great thread that we can keep going. That way we can all keep up with the small day to day tinkering and give some ideas to those looking to do something! Pics are strongly encouraged!!! (Cheers)
changed oil and filter

Reaction score
May very of been BUT who overfilled/ let that much moisture down in there?
I mean I have replaced spark plugs in at least 70 or so KJs and have never found that or any moisture like presence in any plug area especially in that area ( and would be 4 or 6 if someone overfilled / whatever as 5 is on the other side)
All of them were like that.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed oil and filter , front and rear diffs, transfer case and rotated tires on both the 03 and 05 today
then took afternoon off LOL

JP85

Reaction score
Changed front differential oil

Next need to do a coolant flush

Mshack

Reaction score
May very of been BUT who overfilled/ let that much moisture down in there?
I mean I have replaced spark plugs in at least 70 or so KJs and have never found that or any moisture like presence in any plug area especially in that area ( and would be 4 or 6 if someone overfilled / whatever as 5 is on the other side)
Yeah...I couldn't remember the firing order...but the one under the reservoir...they designed the overflow hose to release right into that back plug...new design does not do that. It releases to the back of the jug now, with no hose. Thought it was an interesting observation when I changed mine last week. Ah well

Mshack

Reaction score
So today, on my mail route, drove 104 miles with new frt end. WHAT A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. I did measure b4 from I did the springs and shocks. 19" from center to bottom edge of the fender.

Wife did not notice the height difference, at all, so tonight I pointed it out and still clueless. Lol

And measurement tonight was 22.25"

Very happy!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*sigh*
thought I'd fixed my brake dragging problem. Nope.
Left rear brake started dragging yesterday after a 90 mile round trip, when I stopped for my free coffee at Panera.
Not sure what to do now.
New hoses were installed.
New caliper pins and boots were done.
Full fluid flush and fill was done.
Checking tomorrow hopefully, but everything should still be moving freely.
Thinking of draining the fluid tank, then blowing the line from the caliper end, to see if it pushes out any debris or something.
Otherwise, i'm at a loss as to what could be wrong.

CHIPPER146

Reaction score
*sigh*
..clip..
Thinking of draining the fluid tank, then blowing the line from the caliper end, to see if it pushes out any debris or something.

Not a bad idea. When I flushed mine I was lucky I pulled out as much fluid as I could from the reservoir. There were bits and pieces of unidentifiable stuff coming out with the fluid. I kept refilling and sucking it out until no more bits came out. Had I just pulled a bleed on the lines I surely would have drug those bits into the brake line. Mine has 140K on it. The fluid looked dark brown, too. Not sure when it was done last. This is a new to me Jeep. Pick up a turkey baster and pull the fluid and refill and pull until it comes out clean, then reverse flush the lines and pull that crud out. Then you can do a down town brake bleed.

Also, are you sure the pistons aren't sticking in the calipers? You may have developed a ring of rust on the pistons.

Last edited:

Mshack

Reaction score
*sigh*
thought I'd fixed my brake dragging problem. Nope.
Left rear brake started dragging yesterday after a 90 mile round trip, when I stopped for my free coffee at Panera.
Not sure what to do now.
New hoses were installed.
New caliper pins and boots were done.
Full fluid flush and fill was done.
I know this is a dumb thing to ask, when I took my caliper off, someone put 1 clip in backwards. Check the clips that the pads slide on. Last guy that I bought it from missed that little step.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb thing to ask, when I took my caliper off, someone put 1 clip in backwards. Check the clips that the pads slide on. Last guy that I bought it from missed that little step.
How’re the rivets in the backing plate and the parking brake linkages?

Latest posts

Members online