What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wednesday, drove to work.

Saturday had the trailer on with ATV on trailer. 75 miles, parked and went up a trail to the Paiute trail. Rugged, steep, rocky, rutty with water crossings. Got up to about 10,000 feet and sat and ate lunch while looking at a bald mountain much higher up, well, 12,100 it shows.

Scenic, beautiful, not too hot, just right, blue sky. Then, Sunday, thick smoke from forest fires elsewhere.
dc

Reaction score
Rear-ended someone today. Ouch! Grill, headlight, trans radiator, hood, bumper.
830am drop off tomorrow at a 153 review 4.9 rating (google) collision shop
You must be registered for see images attach

JeepLegend

Kj Legend
Reaction score
Looking to cut the rest of the lower bumper but need to find a way to relocate the corner running lights. Any suggestions
That's what I'd be doing to the jeep today

Attachments

• 6zi7qsU.jpg
    6zi7qsU.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 8

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to cut the rest of the lower bumper but need to find a way to relocate the corner running lights. Any suggestions
That's what I'd be doing to the jeep today
Just cut right below those lights , any higher and start showing bits of frame etc

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switched my steel cable over to synthetic. Now to wait till tomorrow so my Factor 55 hook to get here.

Attachments

• 240112406_10165796336340221_5396177459743935287_n.jpg
    240112406_10165796336340221_5396177459743935287_n.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 3

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smelled burning smell while driving and a little bit later the battery charge light popped on...checked it out and discovered this:

Unhooked the battery cable and started poking around to figure out how extensive the damage was and why the burning, and this happened:

I'm not an electrical guy but figure the hot wire and burned plastic was due to the corroded (now broken) alternator stud, or maybe there is a more extensive electrical wiring problem like a bad ground connection somewhere. The battery tested good but the alternator was only putting out ~12 volts while driving home, so I went ahead and ordered a new alternator to be safe.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...you don't think it's the alternator? maybe a shorted wire to the battery?
Check the fusible link also. It’s in the wiring harness going to the fuse box. It’s supposed to open first before something like this happens. In fact the link may have given up and caused this failure due to high resistance. Also replace the alternator with a rebuilt denso 160a but only if you upgrade the main charge wires to 4ga.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
smelled burning smell while driving and a little bit later the battery charge light popped on...checked it out and discovered this:

Unhooked the battery cable and started poking around to figure out how extensive the damage was and why the burning, and this happened:

I'm not an electrical guy but figure the hot wire and burned plastic was due to the corroded (now broken) alternator stud, or maybe there is a more extensive electrical wiring problem like a bad ground connection somewhere. The battery tested good but the alternator was only putting out ~12 volts while driving home, so I went ahead and ordered a new alternator to be safe.
Check all your ground straps too.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Fourth time is a charm. All shocks and struts and springs and such have arrived and they are all the correct OME parts, finally.
Ordered some red hockey pucks…

Farmed out some welding on my custom bumper that is beyond my skill level.(Sometimes it’s just cheaper to admit failure/lack of skill)

ordered an N7 decal and a Human Systems Alliance tire cover as my Son was visiting from PA and pointed out I’ve built Bert in SR1 Normandy livery. Since the Mass Effect games are my all time favorite, figured he’s right- run with it…white, black, and red.

Am now fully prepared for a 4 day weekend of corrective and preventative maintenance. Bert the ScienceMobile is gettin’ ready for winter!