What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well, now I know why my parking brake doesn't hold. pawl and ratchet teeth are ****ed up.

Attachments

• 0802211736.jpg
    0802211736.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 0802211737a.jpg
    0802211737a.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 4

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone help me figure out that actual part number for the assembly?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a good used one on ebay. Seller sent me pictures of the ratchet and paul, and it looks like whoever owned the Jeep never use the parking brake ever.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
Painted both bumpers and most fender flares with Rustoleum Bumper and trim paint. I am not sure how much I like the black bumpers and fender flares, but overall I am happy with how it turned out. I used 2 cans and only had enough for one coat on each piece I did. Looks like I will need 1 more can for the grey pieces.

Trimmed the front bumper and fender flare a little.

Still have to do the rear door fender flares as well as door trim pieces.

Also replaced the old dented and rusty tail gate with a less dented and not as rusty one.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it aligned again today.
So far:
the clutch works
the brakes work
the alignment is good enough for now (I need tires, and another project related to it being done)
parking brake assembly came today. hopefully will put that in tomorrow.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Finally finished downloading g from the trip. Still have a lot of vacuuming to do. Found A live Western Widow spider in my gear. Contemplating replacement of the floor pan carpet. It was pretty bad when I bought the Jeep, but now it smells like a desert rat was living out of it for a few weeks and I don't think Febreez is gonna help...

Also fixed A threw thin spots and some damage to the Herculiner coat from the trip. Washed the exterior A third time so its black and white again instead of gray and dust colored.

Began staging gear for the Sand hills later this week.

Let the wife drive on this months Costco run...she giggled.the entire.time.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Wifey's friend has an 05 Renegade Liberty she blew the engine out of by not putting oil in it since she bought it new...its is in really, really bad shape apparently...but Wifey says I am allowed to head down to Lincoln and salvage anything I want off of it for free before it goes to the scrappers.
Wifey also signed herself up for the ARB mailing list because "You should probably get that Ozzie bumper on the front just in case I hit something on a Costco run."

Still blows my mind how badly she wants me to put those OE rally lights on Bert. (And I admit I am coming around to the fact that while function over form is fine, might as well jump on the band wagon and go for "the look" too.)

I'm starting to think I better start looking for another vehicle as Wifey now takes any excuse she can find to drive the Jeep...

FinKJ

Reaction score
Took off the roof rack. Every time I put in on my KJ it pops up some random warning light. Bad Karma with that one. I need to buy a new one, maybe my Jeep wants to take part in selecting it. What I learned is that don't buy a rack/basket that is narrower than your roof.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Drove till I was on vapors. Dumped in two bottles of the Techron suggested by the Gurus. Tanked up with ETOH free 87 and then headed across the river to the off road park. It’s a muddy mess and the Wrangler crowd is so asking smack… I’m next in line in Bert.

Imma **** the carbon out AND see if I can get stuck in The Pit. They just used a KJ and a YT to get a mall rated gladiator out of it.

Betcha Bert will get through in 2WD and the Wrangler/Mopar crowd is gonna but me drinks at the roadhouse…

I swear the lift goes in this week.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gettysburg trip this past weekend. While a good time was had by all, I can only say at least the jeep (and the bicycles) didn't let us down in terms of mechanical issues.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Finally fixed the back up light circuit. Corrosion in the bulb socket due to a hole melted in the housing from the OE style bulb. Is an LED module now.

Worked on bumper fab.

Used Bert to tow Beazlebug to the shop for a much needed transaxle rebuild. Thank Cthulhu there are no hills on the route there!

Latest posts

Members online