What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ham radio (amateur radio) and antenna in and on the vehicle. The antenna is a drilled NMO mount. When I replace the tall antenna (seen in photo) with the shorter one, the different roof rack will allow a kayak to be secured to the roof rack and it will completely clear the antenna which was not possible before. :)

Very nice, that sounds like a perfect upgrade for your setup.

I'll be at salvage yards a lot in the future for whatever misc parts I can find for mine, I'll have to keep a lookout for these. Mine may not get used for lower clearance like that, but seems like a factory upgrade for whatever the yard will charge me.

Also will look for the towing package HD cooling setup while I'm out there, are there any other parts that are good to look out for at salvage yards?

ic_geeps

Reaction score

I'll be at salvage yards a lot in the future for whatever misc parts I can find for mine, I'll have to keep a lookout for these. Mine may not get used for lower clearance like that, but seems like a factory upgrade for whatever the yard will charge me.

Also will look for the towing package HD cooling setup while I'm out there, are there any other parts that are good to look out for at salvage yards?
I am looking for the beige/putty colored retractable cover for rear storage. I found one - however it was totally soaked from window being broken

ic_geeps

Reaction score

There were 8 KJs there, 3 had the 8 pin trailer connection plug, but did not have the HD fan and shroud. Must be kind of a rarity.

Dave

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced my upper ball joints with new from JBAoffroad. The old ones were trashed and had like 1/8” of play.

You must be registered for see images attach

The ride is unbelievably better now. It feels like a new Jeep.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Had a health issue and Bert got me to and from the VA safe and sound. Got some very nice compliments from some of the other vets as we stared at our machines in the parking lot. (Got some great ideas too from a moto marine turned Jeep dealership mechanic!)
Lots of parts delivered while I was away.
Got some time off so gonna do some Greasy Wrench Therapy starting tomorrow AM.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also ordered new Mopar front sway bar links. These have seen better days.

Soaked those bolts/nuts with penetrating oil today (Aerokroil). The new sway bar links could arrive as soon as tomorrow.

For my own future reference, torque specs for the KK are:
85 ft-lbs (upper nut)
75 ft-lbs (lower bolt)

p14175

Reaction score
I bought my '05 CRD in February of 2020 and am just now getting around to cleaning the interior. The PO let his kids and grandkids use it and they might have cleaned it once or twice over the years. In other words, it's badly stained. I figure I'll clean it up one seat at a time.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Soaked those bolts/nuts with penetrating oil today (Aerokroil). The new sway bar links could arrive as soon as tomorrow.

For my own future reference, torque specs for the KK are:
85 ft-lbs (upper nut)
75 ft-lbs (lower bolt)
Kroil for the win! Stinks, but does the job every time.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my upper ball joints with new from JBAoffroad. The old ones were trashed and had like 1/8” of play.

The ride is unbelievably better now. It feels like a new Jeep.
Where did you get the bigger bump stops?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the bigger bump stops?
The bump stops are Teraflex. Back in the day I got them from JBA, but they are only selling A arms these days. I would check out All J’s (boulderbars.com) if I needed to replace them.

Jay D

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
Reaction score
Got it dirty on the way to a hike. Thankfully nothing rubbed after cutting some parts of the wheel well.

Attachments

• 5D67CF96-5423-47CE-8FA4-8DB50144210B.jpeg
    5D67CF96-5423-47CE-8FA4-8DB50144210B.jpeg
    455.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 7A4E5C50-29F4-425F-9C71-3C323AA9A0E7.jpeg
    7A4E5C50-29F4-425F-9C71-3C323AA9A0E7.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 20

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I’m a little woozy from new meds, so I’m taking it easy. Detailed the interior, oil change, filters, etc. then off to the home despot for lumber.
Also picked up the bumper mounts I hade made…

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sway bar links replaced today:

Passengers side

Drivers side

Tip: Torque the nuts/bolts to spec with the full weight of the Jeep on its wheels. Otherwise the bushings will squeak going down the road.

Old crusty links

Attachments

• 95-D4405-B-D822-4-CD1-BC15-17-E3-ABFA4-A20.jpg
    95-D4405-B-D822-4-CD1-BC15-17-E3-ABFA4-A20.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 5
  • D8-B400-E4-87-D0-4182-906-A-153-AC2734-A08.jpg
    D8-B400-E4-87-D0-4182-906-A-153-AC2734-A08.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: