What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I’m loving that set up!
It is now monsoon/severe storm warning tested. LOL That’s the Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp with the bug screens (which are rolled up- no bugs it’s so dry)

It fits the Jeep Liberty perfectly. Handled 60mph gusts during the first round of storms! Never moved. The tent is the ARB Skydome double swag. It is the best tent I have ever owned. It never moved in the wind and is **** dry inside

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
It is now monsoon/severe storm warning tested. LOL That’s the Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp with the bug screens (which are rolled up- no bugs it’s so dry)

It fits the Jeep Liberty perfectly. Handled 60mph gusts during the first round of storms! Never moved. The tent is the ARB Skydome double swag. It is the best tent I have ever owned. It never moved in the wind and is **** dry inside
Ok…the profanity filter has gone insane. The **** above is the four letter word for what your skeleton is made of….
:rolleyes:

basist81

Reaction score
did anyone change the rear lower control arms to those:
will WK arms fit?

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks, I have replaced front driver side lower ball joint, driver's side CV axle, front lower control arms & 4 camber bolts (most expensive bolts I've ever bought!), and front driver and passenger hub/bearing assemblies. Also got 5 new tires (Hankook Dynapro AT2s all around), and a lifetime alignment from Firestone. I need to find a local shop that can get a decent alignment done (Firestone left my steering wheel crooked), but I finally got my KJ back to being drivable again, and it's a good feeling!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might make you **** yourself, but the best alignment I've had done since the lift was at the dealer and it was free because they forgot to tighten recall LCAs. I've got a semi local alignment shop that advertises frame alignment. I figured if they could handle that a basic alignment should be easy for them. Haven't had Bluebert there yet, but since I've got 3 of the 4 ball joints up front needing replacement I'll be going there soon enough.

Rough

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks, I have replaced front driver side lower ball joint, driver's side CV axle, front lower control arms & 4 camber bolts (most expensive bolts I've ever bought!), and front driver and passenger hub/bearing assemblies. Also got 5 new tires (Hankook Dynapro AT2s all around), and a lifetime alignment from Firestone. I need to find a local shop that can get a decent alignment done (Firestone left my steering wheel crooked), but I finally got my KJ back to being drivable again, and it's a good feeling
Did you get your camber bolts from a dealer? Reason I ask is that I see Moog and Mevotech each have bolts available for a few bucks less. Moog's even have a provision for grease. Anyone tried either of these aftermarket bolts? Mevotech MS250173, Moog K100408 and K100200.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks, I have replaced front driver side lower ball joint, driver's side CV axle, front lower control arms & 4 camber bolts (most expensive bolts I've ever bought!), and front driver and passenger hub/bearing assemblies. Also got 5 new tires (Hankook Dynapro AT2s all around), and a lifetime alignment from Firestone. I need to find a local shop that can get a decent alignment done (Firestone left my steering wheel crooked), but I finally got my KJ back to being drivable again, and it's a good feeling!
Sounds a bit like my -4 kj.

son has her away from home at school.

cruises into Rodanthe on vacation with the rear brakes shot.

rear brakes on the beach complete with rotors and caliper should be gtg.

but then, i find no lining on the park brake shoes.

so set up the parts to do that. Already knew i was going to do the front brakes too.

get all that in and tightening up the caliper bracket bolts and ball joints enter the game.

i guess it’s going to be a requirement that all my vehicles visit the home shoppe for more that 30 minutes when in town.

good grief!

oh - yeah - he has my 06 kj while the 04 is under repair!

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your camber bolts from a dealer? Reason I ask is that I see Moog and Mevotech each have bolts available for a few bucks less. Moog's even have a provision for grease. Anyone tried either of these aftermarket bolts? Mevotech MS250173, Moog K100408 and K100200.
yeah picked them up from the local dealer - most times I will shop around, but couldn't really find a better deal online and free local pickup beat out the shipping cost

JeepWoman13

Reaction score
05 with 154k on the clock. Recently she has been acting while driving to and from work. She'll shift into overdrive at 40 mph, but then sometimes will drop out of od. But if I take the speed up too around 53, od comes back and stays there. I've checked a few places on 42RLE problems, and read that the TPS could be a issue. The fluid and filter were changed a couple months ago and fluid is normal color with no bad smells. Could it be the TPS and not the trans??

Yoslick

Reaction score
2 new front tires, new pads and rotors, ****** flush/filter and fill, same front n rear ends and T case, new thermostat housing and thermostat, new overflow reservoir and cap, radiator flush and fill, 6 coil packs and plugs, fan belt tensioner and pulley combo and belt. Both front wheel bearings/hubs. Also did pass rear window regulator, 3 to go. . Still have to do the fuel pump and filter. With 107k original, everything was original so decided to freshen everything up. Arizona car so she’s still pretty mint!

Attachments

• 7678E52A-335D-455B-9B15-26F770187B0E.png
    7678E52A-335D-455B-9B15-26F770187B0E.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a good note and appears a soft line replacement was successful. Everything seems to be working as it should, and the left rear wheel and no longer gets hot enough to boil water from 5 ft away. However, my parking brake still doesn't work properly. I got to pull the center console out and see what's wrong with the ratcheting mechanism. Keeps going in for an alignment on friday, so I'll probably dicker with that problem next week

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, my parking brake still doesn't work properly. I got to pull the center console out and see what's wrong with the ratcheting mechanism.
I've given up on my parking brake. It works sometimes, sometimes not. I replaced and adjusted the shoes, readjusted the shoes, and I did the screwdriver trick to no avail. I hope you have better luck than me.

Latest posts

Members online