What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Discovered what the middle button on the sun roof is for…

Dang these newfangled vehicular conveyances do cool stuff!

:p

Also, as of this moment…Bert is done enough for my trip.

Ive decided to wait till I’m in the desert to do the full reveal…because the pictures will look cool…

You all rock. If someone had told me back in April that I could buy, repair, rebuild and outfit a Jeep of any sort 90% by myself I would have laughed my gluteus maximi off.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for what I've done to my jeep, we loaded up the kayaks on Saturday and tested out the new strut rack. It carried just as well as the pipe did, but the shape of the strut kept the cradles from rocking and digging into the roof. Tomorrow will be my first time driving it with just the bars. I'm hoping for less wind noise than I had with the pipes.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
LabRat, when are you leaving on your expedition? Hope we get some reports from the field.

Reaction score
Added seat covers to the girlfriends KJ. Also got the rear wiper working, put the swing door interior trim back on, topped off oil (Was 1/2 quart low) and checked other critical fluid levels.

Also made a list of parts to scavenge next time I go to the junkyard. Mostly interior plastic pieces.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
LabRat, when are you leaving on your expedition? Hope we get some reports from the field.
I’m planning on being fully loaded out and on the road no later than noon the 16th. I don’t have to be back until August 1st. I’ll start a thread in the epic trips forum and update it when I fuel up and shower and such. Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming. Perhaps some Arizona, Idaho, and such too. Have an itinerary but have to stay fluid due to flash floods, wildfires and worst of all Instagramers. It’s the hottest driest early monsoon season I’ve ever attempted. Fossil hunting, field biology, hiking, and lots and lots of BLM time. Thanks to my VA I’d card, I got free access to National Parks, something I normally avoid, but the extreme weather conditions should keep the less popular ones pretty empty. The pandemic stuff has forced me to avoid most people…which for me is like heaven…

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I’m planning on being fully loaded out and on the road no later than noon the 16th. I don’t have to be back until August 1st. I’ll start a thread in the epic trips forum and update it when I fuel up and shower and such. Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming. Perhaps some Arizona, Idaho, and such too. Have an itinerary but have to stay fluid due to flash floods, wildfires and worst of all Instagramers. It’s the hottest driest early monsoon season I’ve ever attempted. Fossil hunting, field biology, hiking, and lots and lots of BLM time. Thanks to my VA I’d card, I got free access to National Parks, something I normally avoid, but the extreme weather conditions should keep the less popular ones pretty empty. The pandemic stuff has forced me to avoid most people…which for me is like heaven…
I will still have 11 weeks worth of vacation I have to burn before December, so I’m already planning a Texas adventure, plus a Sandhills adventure. I’ve also geared up for some winter action too, something I haven’t been able to do for decades!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hopped in to go get some lunch and got one Beep and everything went dead when I turned the key.

nada nothing zip

all electrical gone.

no fuses blown

positve terminal post connector was loose…

Whew!

now searching for replacement connectors that don’t provide negative pneumatic pressure…

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
We got hammered by storms.used the removable flat floor as a loading ramp and put the Lab’s backup backup 12k Watt generator in. Testing the suspension driving around through the rubble all day charging medical devices and letting folks run their fridge for an hour to chill them back down.

looks like three to five days before we get power back in my neighborhood.

Bert has performed perfectly
You must be registered for see images attach

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do show! Do show!
As requested. Installed my 4ft cb antenna on driver rear as well since I had the bumper off. I noticed my brake lights are out so maybe I pinched something doing the reinstall...high brake light still works.

Attachments

• 20210621_124719.jpg
    20210621_124719.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210707_181817.jpg
    20210707_181817.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210707_181826.jpg
    20210707_181826.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 10

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Still no power at my place and the cell network is trashed really bad, so went down to the river for some quiet and a few cups of coffee off my trangia stove.
Back end looks saggy as the big generator and my tree cutting stuff is in the back.
(Yes, I know there’s a missing lug…it’s in the glove box but due to the storms I didn’t get to put it in as planned yesterday!)
:p

Attachments

• 1FCA47C3-7FF0-419C-9E97-F5CBBB08E9D7.jpeg
    1FCA47C3-7FF0-419C-9E97-F5CBBB08E9D7.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 9