What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which radio? pics? how you like it?
I did that once a while back, but the unit broke so I reverted back to stock. I still have designs of installing a trifecta of rear cameras for use when towing, tied into the radio for display, but other things have come up since then.
I used the Boss BE7ACP-C elite stereo. So far I am enjoying the radio. My only complaint about its performance is that when you turn on the headlights the screen brightness flickers. Tech support said to disconnect the dimmer wire on the harness.
If you are running a rear camera, there is a hole in the unibody underneath the driver side rear window that you can pass the wires for the video feed and backup input through to behind the tail light. Which is convenient since you need to tap into the rear backup light ( white/grey) colored wire for the radio to switch to the backup camera when you go into reverse. If your comfortable with soldering, it’s not terribly complicated, just time consuming, especially with having to run a wire to the parking brake.

I also took the time to replace the gear select light with an led since I had the center counsel out anyway! Also, you need to save the clips from the stock faceplate for the aftermarket one. I ended up cutting stock faceplate to have a housing for the 12v power source so I could mount the USB ports for the Apple Car play and usb charger from the radio in the spot included on the aftermarket one. I’ll post more Picts tomorrow during the day. Hope that helps

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
A bit different than a link pin you had on your vw eh?
Worse! Believe it or not the ball joint isnt broken…but the studs on the hub failed real good! Lmao

however, I have to own the reason…

in putting things back together I got distracted and failed to double check th lug nuts…and while driving the four blocks home assumed the increased noise was the wheel bearing I planned to replace Saturday morning…turned a corner and SNAP.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Just noticed your disc on that picture too, yikes!
Yeah, I got all new front brakes on the work bench- that scrap comes off this weekend when the new wheel bearings go in. I’m determined to be proactive with all suspension and safety stuff even though as sorry as all that looks it’s relatively sound.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
HAVEN'T DRIVEN ANY OF MINE SINCE THE 16TH OF THE MONTH :(
Vert sad ,
still stuck, mending, at least I'm at home

So everyone get out there and enjoy if for no other reason just for me LOL
Aye! Live vicariously through us!

Today I decided to take The ScienceMobile over to Iowa to try it out on some mild trails…but had to return home after fueling up as the passenger rear wheel was HOT. Got a brake dragging methinks. Tearing it down now while repairing door panels.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Plugged in my newfangled code reader today. Was interesting as I have never used such things before (or have had to for that matter).
As suspected, got the multiple misfires code, with specificity to #4 and #6. I know that old, bad gas is part of the problem, but I wouldnt be surprised to see that the plugs are a decade old.

Is a bunch of other interesting data to see, and my reader does real time and snapshots. Its a cheapo, but was necessary as for some reason the ignition key trick doesn't work on mine (though I seem to remember a mention that 07s don't have this function?)

Next, time to read a bunch of threads on here and the other KJ sites about which NGKs to use as I'm fairly certain this box of NGK BR6HS I keep stashed in the VW bug aren't gonna cut it...;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The 05 did a long ride today
I used the walker to get out to garage
then crawled into the 05 to drive down to mailbox ( hadn't gotten mail for a couple of weeks )
then back to garage and put it away
and then make my way way back into the house
Shortest trip ever for the 05 ;) :)
Geez I am glad you got your mail after a few weeks Tom.
Did you have a fall or something?
Hope you are going to be ok.