What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, nope or many of us would have them
Lock out hubs are almost a thing of the past
Just remembering the good old days

Ain't that the truth.
If someone could come up with front hub disconnects (doesn't have to be self-contained either, like the old style) I bet a butt ton of us would get them.
Something that goes on like a bearing cap.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth.
If someone could come up with front hub disconnects (doesn't have to be self-contained either, like the old style) I bet a butt ton of us would get them.
Something that goes on like a bearing cap.
I’d like something like that. I could put a locker in the front for off road and be able to disconnect the hubs for regular highway driving. (The KK has a stronger front diff housing so a locker wouldn’t blow it up.)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inside/outside splines would be the easy part, since the axle already has them. would need to figure out how to get a bearing inside the hub to support the axle. quickest/dumbest(?) way to mate the two... make the retaining nut for the axle hold the adapter in.
I'd have to think about it more.

other random thoughts:
sealed sleeve bearing that has inside face toothed to fit the axle?
extended axle end with splines, that are lower diameter than the axle nut?
toothing the inside of the stock hub? then have a piece that engages the extended axle and those teeth? retained with a single bolt, or maybe have a stud and lock nut?

Last edited:

kmitch

Reaction score
Topped off the oil. Had to make a spanner wrench to get the cap off, it was on so tight I couldn’t budge it.

There’s been a new noise lately when braking, so I checked the brakes. I think the noise was from the 3 loose lug nuts on the passenger side. Retorqued all the lug nuts twice.

Adjusted the parking brakes since it wasn’t holding at all.

Repainting the roof rack, it had rust showing through in a number of places. Got that 1/2 done at the moment. Letting it cure, then I’ll flip it over and finish.

cleaned up the interior and scrapped a bunch of sticky stuff off the windows that I missed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I’d like something like that. I could put a locker in the front for off road and be able to disconnect the hubs for regular highway driving. (The KK has a stronger front diff housing so a locker wouldn’t blow it up.)
Lockers do not blow up the D30a's
idiots do without lockers,
Lockers actually make them last longer

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took out O2 sensor on the upstream spot on bank 1 and sprayed Sea Foam in it to clean out bank 1 catalytic converter! Was getting cat 01 reading below thresh hold check engine light or PO420 cade.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think if such techniques were going to work, you'd have to take the cat out, and spray/fill it from the output side, to allow the stuff to eat it's way back to the input. Then the question becomes, what are the long term issues with all the residual spray in terms of damage to the downstream O2?

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it work?
So far so good. From what I read the cats can throw a check engine code even if they are 90 to 95 percent efficient.
My cats are welded in so taking them out to clean was not an option.
I replaced all 4 of my O2 sensors prior to doing this.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to run any kind of junk through to try and clean the Cats, do it, run it,
then change out the O2 sensors as to not damage them in any way

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed Jeepy today.
You must be registered for see images attach

The in-laws’ WJ was a little jealous because I didn’t have time to wash it too.

Washed the camping trailer also.

It’s a big difference from where they started!

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the trailer on the Jeep and the ATV on the trailer. Went to a nearby city and up the canyon road. Unloaded the ATV and went up to about 8000 feet or so, I think, and ran into some deep snow drifted across the trail/road. So I turned back.

The reloaded and went to another nearby town and up the canyon on the ATV. And about 15 miles over all the mountains to a city out on the main highway. Just a gas station there but they had a girl making burgers, so I had lunch and came back.

The Jeep did everything it was supposed to do.

With the Tow Haul button in and lit on the dash I noticed the rpms quite high, nearly 2500+ to get up over 60 mph.So it's sure not using over drive. Or the transmission is going out.
dc

My blue KK is dusty like Howard's, only all over, not just on the sides.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ 2500 rpm at 60 mph is about right for having the tow/haul button depressed. That’s in 3rd gear with the torque converter engaged. 4th gear (overdrive) is locked out.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the trailer on the Jeep and the ATV on the trailer. Went to a nearby city and up the canyon road. Unloaded the ATV and went up to about 8000 feet or so, I think, and ran into some deep snow drifted across the trail/road. So I turned back.

The reloaded and went to another nearby town and up the canyon on the ATV. And about 15 miles over all the mountains to a city out on the main highway. Just a gas station there but they had a girl making burgers, so I had lunch and came back.

The Jeep did everything it was supposed to do.

With the Tow Haul button in and lit on the dash I noticed the rpms quite high, nearly 2500+ to get up over 60 mph.So it's sure not using over drive. Or the transmission is going out.
dc

My blue KK is dusty like Howard's, only all over, not just on the sides.
Tow/haul turns off OD in most vehicles. That’s the same rpm my 6 speed does in 5th gear when I tow.

lxcoupe

Reaction score
I replaced the factory radio that had lost its display with a kenwood and the front speakers that were blown with a set of cheap speakers. It took longer to unbox everything than it took to install it.
Yesterday discount tire installed some new toyo open country's and I bought an adapter to plug into the factory tow harness for my trailer lights.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the factory radio that had lost its display with a kenwood and the front speakers that were blown with a set of cheap speakers. It took longer to unbox everything than it took to install it.
Yesterday discount tire installed some new toyo open country's and I bought an adapter to plug into the factory tow harness for my trailer lights.
How do you like those Toyo Open Country tires? I have had them on my Liberty for 3 years now and I am not impressed by them.

lxcoupe

Reaction score
How do you like those Toyo Open Country tires? I have had them on my Liberty for 3 years now and I am not impressed by them.

I'll have to let you know. I bought them on a recommendation from a friend who has had them for a while. I have the BFG KO2's on my other off road vehicle and have been happy, but I wasn't willing to fork out over $200 per tire (vs $140 for the toyo) on them for my $3700 liberty that is only going to be used for pulling a small trailer and a run about at a second home. The old girl had some hard dry rotted blizzak snow tires on her when I bought her. So going to the new toyo's has made a nice difference already. I did do some light off-roading last night and can't find anything to complain about.

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
Washed and waxed the jet black jeep yesterday. Looks a lot newer with a shiny paint job. Rims came out good too, put a coat of armour all on the tires too.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2