What are some cool mods that are relatively cheap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I have about 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and I know I should probably keep it for a rainy day but I'm itching to spend it on my KJ, what are some cool mods I can do on this budget?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....$50 won't do a whole lot. Upgraded headlight bulbs?

Throw in another $20 and you could probably get the front two windows tinted.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mount for your Mag Light on the side of the drivers seat

Small fire extinguisher

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
ah tint.... and the mag light both are good.... tint would be more reasonable.... haha thanks!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey now, its the small things that really get you excited!

Some of the things I like most were already mentioned but:

-Tint on side windows and windshield
-Mag-lite mounted on drivers seat
-Good Tire pressure gauge(I like digital myself)
-New spare tire cover
-Amsoil drop-in air filter
-vent-visors(in channel)
-Good set of floor guards

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well,

Tint is a strong possibility
Mag light mount is cool but I don't use mine that much it's in my tool box in the back I use my little LED most of the time.
I have a digital tire pressure guage
I hate spare tire covers! I have a nice hard molded one from mopar but I want to sell it!
I just bought a K&N drop in
And floor mats might be a possibility I want Husky Liners, but I'm not sure what a set costs for KJ's...
Also I discovered tonight that my windshield washer pump is burnt up tonight and they're 75 bucks from a dealer and 50 from a auto parts store, so that might be where my cash goes... but I'm gonna try to find one at a salvage yard for cheaper.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm that would be nice!

Yeah, I forgot EVIC - I got mine from a 2003 from a pick 'n pull. EVIC, bracket, and about 2' of harness for $20. :D

Edit - actually, if you have a mag-lite, the $5 or whatever for the bracket is worth it. I love having mine on my seat at all times. You may use the little one a lot, but the little one can't function as an attitude adjuster if needed ;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your washer pump......see that, don't ever tell your jeep you have an extra $50 to spend on her.........happens every time. She will just blow out your washer pump.......haha

Next $50 you save just go and get a pair of off-road lights.

Dave

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot EVIC - I got mine from a 2003 from a pick 'n pull. EVIC, bracket, and about 2' of harness for $20. :D

Edit - actually, if you have a mag-lite, the $5 or whatever for the bracket is worth it. I love having mine on my seat at all times. You may use the little one a lot, but the little one can't function as an attitude adjuster if needed ;)

Where would I go to look for an evic?

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may extend the diffs, ******, transfer and fuel tank breathers... You may gain a few inches of water fording...

Cheers! :)

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah tint.... and the mag light both are good.... tint would be more reasonable.... haha thanks!

Here's a picture of the Maglight mounted on my driver seat. Sam's club has whole kit for $20 bucks. Comes with the 3D cell Maglite, 2AA Cell maglite, Mounting brackets for the 3D Cell maglite and all needed batteries. It's a good deal for all that. Since you got 50 bucks you can buy one for each side. It's always good to have a light close by. Mines came in handy more times than i can remember. Plus it's good hand to hand weapon if ever need be :)

You must be registered for see images

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rudy. I got a 3D Mag for Christmas one year, and it spent a year in the closet. Saw posts about putting it on the seat, and figured for the $6 or whatever for the clips I may as well. I find myself using it a lot more than I ever thought I would, and I like knowing it's there both for it's lighting and blunt-object abilities.

I am debating getting a 4D to keep there due to increased lighting and more 33% more bluntless ;)

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Sorry about your washer pump......see that, don't ever tell your jeep you have an extra $50 to spend on her.........happens every time. She will just blow out your washer pump.......haha

Next $50 you save just go and get a pair of off-road lights.

Dave

Haha well actually the pumps been out since I bought it, in October of 08 cuz the washers didn't work then, I just didn't know exactly what the problem was, but yesterday I decided I was gonna figure it out and I did, and thats what it was so yeah lol.