Welding the pinch weld seem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the accepted practice for dealing with the pinch weld is to beat it over and pound it flat.

Since I'm not a fan of pinch welds, due to corrosion issues, has anyone welded their pinch weld seam?

I realize there probably aren't any advantages of this other than making the job look more 'professional' and less barbaric, but I'm curious if anyone has done this.

If I remember right, there was one person on here or LOST that had a shop cut out the pinch weld and weld in a patch, but that seems like more work than necessary.

I've contimplated peeling back the carpet on the inside of the passenger compartment and running a nice weld right down the pinch weld seam, then going to the wheel well and removing the pinch weld seam by grinding it off.

So. Anybody done this?

TIA

Boiler

Reaction score
Inc cut his out, along with the rocker metal, and welded in a 2 x 5 x 1/4 wall tube as his rocker which requires no rocker guard.