Wanted moderate lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of postings and a lot of discussion on this forum regarding lift kits. Too many for me to to get a clear answer to my questions.

I have a stock 02 Liberty Sport that I use as a highway ride, an occasional tow rig and an occasional stock trail rig. I'd like to put a modest 2" or 2.5" spacer lift on my Libby and taller tires to increase my clearance.

Is it true that spacer lifts can cause problems with the steering linkage rubbing against the coils or is that with certain lifts? And if not can anybody recommend a good spacer lift? I'm leaning towards a Daystar.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Daystar is a good lift. Rustys , Rocky Road cheaper OTT style lifts are not good. OME is the best of course!

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellows. You've given me lots to think about.

If I go with a 2.5" spacer lift like a Daystar does that necessarily mean I need to get new shocks? and do I get four new shocks or just the rear ones?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm $160 for the Daystar you say? So, this has none of the problems of the "other" puck lifts as the front spring isn't compressed more? How common is an issue of smacking the UBJ on the spring? Are there any issues or "negatives" about this lift?

Won't be anytime soon, but that's a good option for me in the future. I still like my 3/4" lift that Tony linked to, and I definitely do not regret doing it for the $75 it cost me.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I was even doing the Daystar I would replace the front struts, you will be putting more pressure on a already worn strut, why not replace them with new upgraded struts. Still trying to determine how you can spend 20000 on a KJ but then do not want to do a quality lift and do it cheap. Either do it right or not at all. Seen too many do it the cheap way and only 6 months later change everything out due to poor ride etc. It is funny in a way

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand what you mean Tom, but my struts are far from worn out. In fact, they have less then 15k on them. I do get your point though, and I couldn't agree more.

So far, I am happy with my "mini lift". No problems yet. This is just nice to keep in mind if I decide to upgrade in the future. I see no need for me to spend $500-$800 on a lift. It's overkill for me.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift is ordered.

Just came back from Les Schwab. I can get the OME HD springs front and rear installed, with alignment, and labor for somewhere between $570 and $650 depending on the final shipping cost. I ordered them and my appointment is on Next Tuesday. Unfortunately their books couldn't tell them which shocks to put on the rear so I'll probably just get those and put them on myself after the lift is installed.

Oops, I am ********, I put this in the wrong thread.

Last edited: