Vent Shades - which are best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbpf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick on avs never had a problem with them and when I wrecked my last liberty broke one taking it off and called them to see if I could order one I explained what happened and they sent me out a brand new set for my new kj cant beat that.

The in channel ones kept making my xj passanger window stick in the winter and a buddy if kine had a similar problem in his titan.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my AVS stick ons. Actually I have a broken one now (off road incident) so I really need to order a new set.

cbpf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No dude116 give them a call and they will send you a new set. They have a lifetime warranty. ...

manyplews

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick on avs never had a problem with them and when I wrecked my last liberty broke one taking it off and called them to see if I could order one I explained what happened and they sent me out a brand new set for my new kj cant beat that.

The in channel ones with making my xj passanger window stick in the winter and a buddy if kine had a similar problem in his titan.

anybody had a problem with a window sticking with the AVS ?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had the weatherteck in-channel ones on for a few years with no issues.

Dave

Tinkrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered Weatherteck windows shades after waiting four months I phoned Weatherteck Customer Service and explained to the woman who answered the phone that I had been waiting four months she replied "SO!". I went straight to the local dealer and canceled my order.
I ordered AVS in channel Vent Shades and received them in a couple of days. I have never encountered any sticking or any other problems with the AVS

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI my AVS stick ons have been on since I bought the Jeep used in '09 with 51k miles on it. 120k miles now in 2014 and I've had no product-based problems with them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dislike the in-channels, have tried two sets over the years and both gave me issues. Have had 9 or 10 sets of stick ons and no issues at all. The current ones were installed on mine October 2004 and still holding great.
I also don't like how the in channels look on a KJ since the rear part of the back window is not covered just a personal issue :shrug::icon_lol:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dislike the in-channels, have tried two sets over the years and both gave me issues. Have had 9 or 10 sets of stick ons and no issues at all. The current ones were installed on mine October 2004 and still holding great.
I also don't like how the in channels look on a KJ since the rear part of the back window is not covered just a personal issue :shrug::icon_lol:
X2..............

I have the stick on ones on the KJ(MOPAR branded,worked at dealer so cheap) and lasted through softball sized hail.Did have to replace them but that was due to having to remove them when I repainted the KJ and was not messing with trying to strip the old tape off and apply with new tape.

I have the in-channel ones on the Town Car(only ones available for some reason) and hate them.They will creak driving down the road and are scratching the top 1/2" of the windows.

KKKrawler

Reaction score
had the stick on avs on my old xj, lasted till i got rid of the rig. only thing il say about the tape is that you gotta make sure you clean where they stick on, cuz if you dont the adhesive wont hold up long, but mine lasted for 3+ years so the stick on ones work....50 bucks from autozone.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Weathertech in-channel vent shades. You guys are right that they don't cover the rear quarter window on the back doors, but I don't have a problem with that. They fit well, look cool (to me) and do what they were designed to do. I had stick-on vent visors for my old XJ and they were more prone to catching on tree branches and breaking on the trail because they stuck out farther to the sides than the Weathertechs. Had to replace the fronts on the XJ because of breakage.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Weathertech in-channel vent shades. You guys are right that they don't cover the rear quarter window on the back doors, but I don't have a problem with that. They fit well, look cool (to me) and do what they were designed to do. I had stick-on vent visors for my old XJ and they were more prone to catching on tree branches and breaking on the trail because they stuck out farther to the sides than the Weathertechs. Had to replace the fronts on the XJ because of breakage.
Never had a issue with my stick on ones and trees/branches when offroad.Even in KY when we some how ended up going down a ATV trail and the tree branches were super thick and low hanging never had a issue.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had a issue with my stick on ones and trees/branches when offroad.Even in KY when we some how ended up going down a ATV trail and the tree branches were super thick and low hanging never had a issue.

It could be mine were brittle from too many years in the sun. It was an '00 XJ in 2010.

manyplews

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the local speed shop to see what they could get.
Wanted the in-channel type.They said the AVS was $30 cheaper than the Weathertech,so that's what I got.
They look very nice and the windows can be opened about an inch & a half,without letting rain in.
Thanks,Guys!

Also ordered a set of Warrior hood props.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online