Trip planning- emergency spare parts-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Pull the front CVs if they go bad and then install good NAPA remanned ones when you get home
Have had to do that to some friends on a couple of wheeling trips
Rear most that could normally happen is a UJoint which I carry a spare daily
Reputable source for the U joint?

I’m considering replacing both front CVs before the big excursion as previous owners have proven to be questionable with maintenance and I’ll be well over 180k miles before then.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Reputable source for the U joint?

I’m considering replacing both front CVs before the big excursion as previous owners have proven to be questionable with maintenance and I’ll be well over 180k miles before then.
At over 4.5 inches of lift my left CV lasted over 190,000 miles , finally had to remove the OE one
But it maybe a good idea if making noises

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
At over 4.5 inches of lift my left CV lasted over 190,000 miles , finally had to remove the OE one
But it maybe a good idea if making noises
No noise yet. Worst case I can leave spares at home and have Wifey express them to me.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you going off road ,extra cv ,alternator ,I carry an extra rear shock ,oil and tran fluid ,2 gallons of distilled water ...plus all the other stuff you already listed...dont for get the pistol and extra ammo

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
If you going off road ,extra cv ,alternator ,I carry an extra rear shock ,oil and tran fluid ,2 gallons of distilled water ...plus all the other stuff you already listed...dont for get the pistol and extra ammo
I dislike handguns. I have my trusty tomahawk and a Benjamin Bulldog.