Project: My crazy Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need one of those in an 8 or so drop. Like the looks of them but most places here want way too much.
I'm running a 6 inch drop and still had to lift my trailer up 4 inches and run 265-70-16s on it to be almost level. Like to drop the trailer back down, hard to get a lawn mower or anything loaded that high:icon_lol:

You must be registered for see images attach

$49.95

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the year my family moved from Massachusetts to Alabama (dad was Air Force), Montgomery had the worst ice and snow storm it'd had I 50 years. I'm betting we're gonna get ****ed. :D

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the year my family moved from Massachusetts to Alabama (dad was Air Force), Montgomery had the worst ice and snow storm it'd had I 50 years. I'm betting we're gonna get ****ed. :D

That mean I am in for not much or am I going to get caught in the crossfire? Haha

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea. :D

Are you a betting man?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and I know TJKJ is gonna kill me for this... but I'm looking at how to get 2LO into the picture again, without getting an Atlas II.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problem.

now I wish someone would get back to me about alignment tricks. :rofl:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's numbers, after the plow, bracketry, 300# of sand ballast in the back and all the related bits were removed.

Code:
[B]
       -- before --  -- after lift --  - plow testing -  - 2014  - - 2015  -
       --  lift  --  -- un-settled --  --dn --  --up --  - 12/16 - - 03/25 -
[U]wheel  f2h   f2f       f2h      f2f      f2h      f2h      f2h      f2h     [/U][/B]
LF     18"  32"      22 1/4"  36 1/4"  21 3/4"  21 1/2"  21 1/4"  21 1/2"
RF     18"  32"      22 3/8"  36 3/8"                    21 1/2"  21 3/4"
LR     19"  32 3/4"  21 1/2"  35 1/4"                    21"      21 1/8"
RR     19"  32 3/4"  21 3/4"  35 1/2"                    21 1/4"  21 1/2"

Don't ask me how the numbers went up after using the thing. :shrug:
I'm thinking standard deviation in trying to measure or something.

Now just for chuckles I tried measuring something else... the bottom of the doors front and rear. all 4 measurements came out as 20 1/2". I gotta say, I think she's sitting dead nuts level.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever considered air suspension like we run on the big rigs? A self-levelling valve means your ride height stays the same no matter what the load is. And the ride is the same too. It'd be great for an application where the load changes as drastically as it does for you.

ptulli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back from the bead! I can't believe you can plow with this rig! I would have never guessed. How does it work? I used to plow with my 03 TJ, loved it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
realized this thread never had a link to my one (and only!) plowing video so far.
so, here it is!

http://manybrightdots.com/twg23/pictures/John/vehicles/2007 Jeep Liberty/Plow/20150127 plowing.mpeg

Very cool!

The guy who plowed my property has a new gig and can't plow for me anymore. Not a problem last winter since we didn't get much snow - but around here if we have light snowfall one winter the next one is a white wonderland. A plow on my KJ would be handy - but that's one mod I think I'll pass on.

Love how well yours does though!

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So back at this.

SWITCHES AND SWITCH GEAR!

Here's what i'm looking at so far to control (note none of it is installed yet, just working out the plan.)
Code:
Roof Light		SPST
Rock Lights		SPST
Work Lights		SPST
Plow Power		SPST
Running Lights		SPST
Trailer Parking Brake	SPST
Aux Horn Power		SPST
Idle Up			SPST
Reverse Lights		SPDT	(so I can tie to factory, or manually control)
Winch In/Out		DPDT	ON(m)-OFF-ON(m)
Beacon			DPDT	ON(m)-ON-OFF
I really like this type of switch:

Because of the look and the illuminated legends. Depending on where I source them I can even get them in Chrysler Green LED coloring (or at least something close.) The problem is, where the )$##$ can you mount that many switches on the dash of a jeep liberty!
Currently I have 11 functions listed, and the only switch that'll be a problem is the Beacon one, as I need momentary ON to be above ON, since the beacon's factory wiring has two switches (ON-OFF and a momentary.)
I did find this and am intrigued...

but I have no idea where to stick it, nor if I can change the pictograms. (eta: yes, you can change the pictograms.)

Please note that the wallet pocket is in use with the brake controller, so that's out (damnit!)

Based on this picture...

I want to say at least 4, and possibly 6 switches could be put in that panel, maybe?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online