Transmission Lurches on Downshift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moterhead

Reaction score
Three times now my wife's '03 Limited has had the same problem. When slowing like for a traffic light, between 28 and 32 mph the transmission lurches. The first time it was repaired here in Texas. The repair description was "Ran test with DRB3 found CVI to be inaccurate Relearned transmission Test drove". The tech said it was caused by contaminated trans fluid & wanted $150 for a fluid change. I did it myself. Yes, I know a home type fluid change only swaps out about half the fluid. For 10,000 miles, the trans was fine. Then about three weeks ago, it happened again. We were in Nashville, so had it repaired there. Fix was the same "Relearned transmission". No mention was made of contaminated fluid. Now it's happened again. What is this CVI thing and is this an ongoing trans problem with the LIberty. What do it need to do to get it fixed so this won't happen again?

Thanks for any assistance you might offer

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three times in a row. And each time they reflash/reprogram. I would think they would need to replace the computer, it seems to have a problem, and they don't want to replace that under warranty because it's expensive. I'd push for that.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
normal

I think thats normal man. mine has done it since day 1.

I think its a shame they try and rip you off

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does it too. Sometimes if im going about 10mph up hill, it will let the clutches slip and them goes into 1st with alittle thud. Im used to it though.