Trans feels like it jumps into neutral when its cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This issue started once I changed fluids.
I just changed filter/fluid. I just checked on an outting and couldnt see the level so I added a bottle and it is in the marks of Hot. so..

But issue is when engine/trans is cold. When you put it in gear and start it appears fine, and first few stop signs it acts like its out of gear then it starts.

I changed fluid in transfer case too ATF+4.. I filled it til it started coming out the top filler hole.

Thoughts? Whats going on?

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KM? It has 30,000 miles.. So not much.

It just started after I changed the filter and fluid on the trans. I will advise tommorow if it does it again.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Redo the work...something went wrong.
I was having the same problem but changing the filter and fluid fixed it!

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is still acting funny tommorow I will drop the pan and recheck.. Maybe that O-ring from old filter was left on the trans.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some transmissions have adaptive strategies, and when you change the fluid, they have to be reset. Some aftermarket scan tools can do it, otherwise, the OE DRB took is needed. I've had to perform it on a couple of chryslers, and a few GMs with Allisons in them with a snap on.

Latest posts

Members online