Tire Size Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Think I may have settled on these and going after some 265/70/16s
Black Rock 941's

Pretty good looking wheel.
I'd stick to 7 inch wide though that way you can run other sizes later if you want to , BUT 265-70-16s sit on a 8 inch wide nicely ( depending on tire brand and tread pattern )
Will change up your KJ a lot !

Again look at overall weight between wheel sizes

Last edited:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran LT245/75R16's with 5 speed manual and did not notice much unless on the highway. If I kept that size I would have made the switch the 4.10's but grabbed a pair of new LT225/75R16's as the bigger size killed my fuel economy.

Jeepfreak97

Reaction score
Anyone know what size lift and or spacers would be required to clear 33" grabbers? If they will fit at all. Got offered a set as partial trade wondering if I can get them on there or not

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what size lift and or spacers would be required to clear 33" grabbers? If they will fit at all. Got offered a set as partial trade wondering if I can get them on there or not

No point in even trying to fit 33s on a KJ
Unfortunately it would require much more than just a lift to fit them
Also spacers are not recommended at all with a KJ as they are terrible
You'd be spending some hefty money trying to put those tires on your ride

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Over 4 inches of lift and at least 4.56 gears, preferably 4.88s with 33s