TCM replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
I have an 03 liberty sport 4wd 3.7 I have a plug and play TCM that has been programmed to my vin number. I’ve looked for hours trying to find a video or someone who knows how to take this thing off. PLEASE HELP

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
This is everything I have re TCM. Hope this helps.
You must be registered for see images attach

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
This info is more than adequate for after the install and I appreciate it. I had no idea it involved so much. I just don’t know how to PHYSICALLY remove this thing. I have no clue what’s even holding it on besides one bolt I see in the center. Don’t think it’s that tho

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Went out and looked at my ‘02. It appears the TCM stays on the black panel it’s mounted on until the whole assembly is removed by taking two nuts off in the front of the black panel. You’ll see two studs at the front where the nuts are.

There are four clips on the large plug that will be GENTLY prised up until they release. Be very careful not to snap them. The whole assembly then slides forward and out.

Use dielectric grease in the plug when reassembling the unit. It’ll help prevent corrosion in the plug.

Assembly is the reverse.

HTHs!

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
Went out and looked at my ‘02. It appears the TCM stays on the black panel it’s mounted on until the whole assembly is removed by taking two nuts off in the front of the black panel. You’ll see two studs at the front where the nuts are.

There are four clips on the large plug that will be GENTLY prised up until they release. Be very careful not to snap them. The whole assembly then slides forward and out.

Use dielectric grease in the plug when reassembling the unit. It’ll help prevent corrosion in the plug.

Assembly is the reverse.

HTHs!
Thank you!!!! What a relief. I was beginning to think I’d never be able to do this myself. A million thanks!!!