Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
Situation- 03 liberty sport 4wd 3.7-
Every morning I’m in limp mode. Code 0605 and 0700. I can sometimes clear the engine light and will be able to drive for the day. Other times I have to do a TCM reset by holding the gas pedal down 15 seconds with key turned. If I do that and then clear the engine code then it will change gears. If not I am stuck in 1st gear. Can anyone PLEASE help me figure this out

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It may be best to have a transmission shop, with high end scanner read any stored or pending codes. Is your battery free of corrosion & tight, holds 12.5 volts overnight?
TCM is likely an issue. Have you recently serviced the transmission with new ATF+4 & filter, at correct level or slightly above when HOT ?
Web mentions: P0700 EATX Controller DTC Present=Check your ground to the transmission, a poor or bad ground will give this code. check your EATX fuse and relay.
Found this for the 605 code : https://www.way.com/blog/how-to-fix-a-p0605-code/

03 KJ Gal

Reaction score
It may be best to have a transmission shop, with high end scanner read any stored or pending codes. Is your battery free of corrosion & tight, holds 12.5 volts overnight?
TCM is likely an issue. Have you recently serviced the transmission with new ATF+4 & filter, at correct level or slightly above when HOT ?
Web mentions: P0700 EATX Controller DTC Present=Check your ground to the transmission, a poor or bad ground will give this code. check your EATX fuse and relay.
Found this for the 605 code : https://www.way.com/blog/how-to-fix-a-p0605-code/
Hey I ended up having a bad TCM. I purchased a plug and play but have no idea how to remove the old one. I can’t find any videos for this. Any idea?