Suspension time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Alright, its finally got to that point in my list of "What to do next" ended on my KJ's suspension.

As far as I know, I'm on 185K stock components. Jeep makes so many creaks and cracks it aint funny.

So, I've turned to the wonderful people here for suggestions, such as OME. I hear thats the gold standard for jeep lifts, so I wanted to ask someone here for a complete list of components needed to either replace or add a little lift to the KJ.

As well as places in the US to find the parts.

As always thank you for your time!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
But, it's all listed many times in the Lift Section
OME 927/948 springs, they come two per box
then either OME or Bilstein shocks
stock ones for the front and extended ones for the rear , for OME 132Ls ( available from ALLJs or were )
Bilstiens 99-04 Dodge Dakota CLUB CAB 4x4
Teraflex front bumpstops for a KJ of course
rear two hockey pucks per side bolted down to the lower spring perch
There is a start
www.shockwarehouse.com for Bilsteins
www.boulderbars.com ( ALLJs )
www.ok4x4.com
amazon
Summit Racing
etc etc

Reaction score
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
@tommudd

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...OBPjbXuJo6a2w0rXcpQUEVaShWHrFNGcaAtpZEALw_wcB

Is this a good all around OME kit? Ill also get the bump stops and the hockey pucks for the rear.

Also do I need new spring isolators for the rear? Or can I use the ones I have?
(If I need new ones where can I find them? they're hard to find for the jeeps anymore.)

EDIT : I did some looking around and found that that kit seems WAY too expensive.

That kit is NOT good since it gives you stock length rear shocks
But stick with OME springs and like mentioned either bilstein or OME shocks with 132Ls for the rear