Long Time Reader, First Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylejeep

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations,

I've been reading the forum for quite some time and have found a lot of great information.

I have an '04, Sport model. My dad got it from an auction with a salvaged title, replaced the damaged hood, and maybe a few other things. I've had it since 2019 and it has a little over 182k miles. I've changed the ignition coils and spark plugs and have the valve cover gaskets that need replaced.

I finally started purchasing suspension and steering components a couple of weeks ago. I now have everything for the OME/Bilstein lift except for the rear shock bushing sleeves. Advice is welcomed on that missing component.

Today, I got the front springs and shocks assembled with all new components. Tear down is imminent.

Thank you to all who have come before.

Kyle

ccg2301

Reaction score
Hi and good luck with the tear down, looking forward to seeing your finished Jeep.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on which rear shocks you got you might get away with a thick washer to take up the difference.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got Bilstein 24-185660 for the rear.
I can't say for sure as that is not the shock I'm running. That may very well be the one that requires the bushings. Dimensions for the bushings have been posted before, if you struggle to find it I can post it again. I think some have had luck finding what they need at the hardware store.