subwoofers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine hasn't moved an inch, i didnt think it would but i was just wondering if you did how you went about it. mine would slide before it tips, the box puts all the weight down and back. my setup almost takes up half the cargo area i still have room to put another box ofthe same size back there. it looks like i will have to upgrade my grounds. things start dimming with the beat if i crank it up to 2/3 volume.

i will post some pics later.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to get a pic of my little sub box, but I took a corner "L" bracket and bent it unto a "u" type of shape. I also got some self-adhesive velcro and stapled the hooked side to the bottom of the box.

The weight of the box on the velcro really holds it well. I was worried about it tipping, so the "u" shaped hook goes over and behind (So, it's vertical up the back of the box, as it comes up to the corner of the box it bends 90* outward, then after an inch or so, it bends 90* downward - upside down "U") the clasp on the rear of the back seat. I covered the hook in carpet so it isn't metal-on-metal.

It's worked really well for a year and a half. Sub has never budged and makes no rattling or anything. I like that it's very easy to remove.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you don't live in New York..
I have a compressor/jump start battery in the back, it is pretty heavy and I have to tuck it into place every few days. And that's with a duffle bag in front of it. :) Passengers riding in the back jump all the time, I don't think sub would sit tight with the roads we have here. No, it won't move side to side, but it will definitely jump.

haha, trust me, they dont move. My rear wheels come off the ground daily on some of the bumps around here and its never moved. Lets just say I take those rail road crossings and some of the bigger speed bumps a little to fast. :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do I. I just get impatient watching sedans slow down to a crawl on RR crossings because god forbid the tracks may hurt their suspension--- I just pass them. Hence, airborne cargo area. :)

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking of putting a buch of velcro on the bottom of my box but i wasnt sure how it would work out. my amp sits next to my box but the 4 guage cable pretty much keeps it in place.

I as well make it a point to sail across rail road tracks, hardly notice most them doing the speed limit...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done the velcro trick on the same box in 2 vehicles now, total of about 7 years. So far no problems with it. Between that and the hook I mentioned, it stays put.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with the Velcro, but the amp should be screwed down to something.
i plan to get a sheet of plastic to screw the amp to and then ill velcro that the cargo bay. i dont want to stick the velcro directly on my amp. if you look at my box it has a "bumper" around the two sides, i was gonna stick some velcro on to what ever comes in to contact with carpeted areas just to put it out of my mind. it doesnt move so im not too worried about it. plus it would take a mighty crash to really move that thing, it weighs about 50 lbs.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is this, since I got all of you subwoofer fanatics here.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_236MB210P/MTX-Magnum-Audio-MB210SP-Magna-Bass-Package.html?tp=442

#
Magna Bass MB212P mono amplifier
# 250 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
# 1,000 watts peak
# variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
# variable bass boost (0-18 dB boost at 40 Hz)
# preamp- and speaker-level inputs
# preamp-level outputs
# thermal, overload, and short protection
# fuse rating: 20A x 1
# 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
# 9-1/2"W x 2-1/8"H x 10-13/16"D
# warranty: 90 days
#
Magnum ported dual 10" enclosure
# 5/8" particle-board construction with aviation-grade carpet
# two Magnum 10" 8-ohm subwoofers
# poly cone with large-roll foam surround
# frequency response: 20-300 Hz
# power range (each): 50-200 watts RMS
# dimensions: 28"W x 13-1/8"H x 13"D1 x 11-1/2"D2
# warranty: 90 days

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not a sub woofer fanatic, I'm an audio snob! I dislike prefab boxes, especially the ones that are, well, huge boxes. I like systems that sound great & retain most of the functionality of the vehicle.

When I bought a house, one of my first purchases was a table saw!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some old pics of mine for when I made it for my Prix...it's now covered in carpet that matches the KJ interior nicely. I'll have to get a few pics of the setup in the KJ...

You must be registered for see images

Like that old Xplod amp? ;) I fried that thing out.

Annnnnnd, since we're all car guys, here's a gratuitous sexy car shot (at least I think it was a hot car):

You must be registered for see images attach

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a nice car. Don't see many of those.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Some old pics of mine for when I made it for my Prix...it's now covered in carpet that matches the KJ interior nicely. I'll have to get a few pics of the setup in the KJ...

Like that old Xplod amp? ;) I fried that thing out.

Annnnnnd, since we're all car guys, here's a gratuitous sexy car shot (at least I think it was a hot car):

Nice car.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are a few pics from my phone until i can find my camera, sorry about the size lol

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try to mount the amp under the rear seat. That way if you ever need to use the cargo area, all you have to remove is the box.

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try to mount the amp under the rear seat. That way if you ever need to use the cargo area, all you have to remove is the box.

i mounted mine to my box.. so all i had to do was pull the fuse and take it all out at once

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine under the rear seat, but it won't allow the seat to fold down fully. I need to mess with it some more and see if I can get it positioned properly.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you mount it under the seat? i thought about it but it started to rain and i said eff it.