Steel Dana 30 for the KJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Hey there every one, just thought I would drop by and let you know that JBA (Jeepin by Al) is in the process of developing a steel front diff for the KJ that will be a bolt in unit. Just in case you don't get the email from him, here is the info:

Do you want a steel front diff for your Jeep Liberty?

Dana 30 steel housing retrofit for the KJ Benefits

* Replace aluminum with steel
* Lower gears 4:56 or 4:88
* Bigger tires
* Bigger lift kits
* Better ride than a SFA

Jeepin by AL LLC will need to invest a lot of time and money to finish this project.Is this something you will buy for you Jeep Liberty?

Click the link and tell me what your interest is in this project.

http://jeepinbyal.com/steel_diff_form.htm

Web page link:

http://jeepinbyal.com/jba-front_dana_30.aspx

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit expensive for a just a modified solid axle D30, but if there was a bolt in option sub $2000, I'd probably pick one so I could mount 33's with out fear of the diff exploding.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
This will be bolt in an and will reuse all of the stock mounting points as well as your original cv's............

5066068AD MSRP $1,825.00

That is the cost for a fully loaded D30a

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't the D30 have pressed in axle tubes?

What would be so hard about doing this one's self if they know how to narrow an axle?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF JBA this is the worst photoshop ever

You must be registered for see images

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wont help my CRD much. If you want bigger tires, and or stronger equipment SFA are the letters of the day.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Doesn't the D30 have pressed in axle tubes?

What would be so hard about doing this one's self if they know how to narrow an axle?

TBJ, he is chopping them up and making them look just like the D30a... It will use your stock CV's, intermediate shaft, and bolt in to the factory mounts

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
L/P I just do not understand. Unless there is some reason engineering wise, you just made the D30 a ****. The LP D30's have been busting for years. The HP versions seem much stronger.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
HP would make the front driveshaft go UP from the transfer case to the diff rather than stay (reasonably) level, thus causing potential issues with vibration :)

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
That makes sense, if it has to be. But the tiny, tiny ring gear of a D30 really benefits from the HP option.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
But a HP and cradle drop, think about that for a moment while you sip on your glass of winessst.gif

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But a HP and cradle drop, think about that for a moment while you sip on your glass of winessst.gif
That's exactly the point... if you don't drop the cradle, you're stuck with 32'' b/c there is no room for 33''s unless you lift over 4'' and again, you have to shave the CV shafts...

How much money is involved in the complete process? might be a SFA a wiser choice?

Cheers :)