Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK I'll start it rolling someone has to!rollinglaugh.gif

get some Autolite Platinum and be done with it
E 3s aren't worth putting in

well except some claim 99 extra horsepower with them and up to 36 Miles Per Gallon but ....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

R

RoyalDudeness

E3? Dude looked up "E3"; you mean the diamond fire E3 plugs? They are too expensive to just try out man. Dude uses a double platinum plug that has two fire paths and have had them in for what is now over forty thousand miles. Platinum plugs are supposed to last sixty thousand miles when they are already in a car when it is assembled- but they are most likely ngk. For the time dude has had his platinum deal, dude has had no problems what so ever; and when dude installed the k and n filter the idle smoothed out pretty good.

Dude says; go with whatever you want it is your set of wheels man. That ford guy with the cup and straw icon keeps throwing codes at me from my last scribe reply about plugs; something about cylinder misfires and a vee-six engine from another car company. Anywho; as dude stated taaa-daaaah - forty thousand miles and dude has not seen any illuminated engine on his dash. Hmm, dude wonders how iridium plugs would work. Dude is definitely not spending eight bucks a plug on the E3 deal - that is too much money; man; times six? Forty eight bucks for a set of sparklies? They would have to be the last set of sparklies dude ever buys for that price. I'm just gonna find a cash machine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never ran a set of plugs 40,000 miles of course I like to keep mine running tip top and keep up on maintence, so.....outtahere.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pepboys and autozone told me yesterday that there is no reason to change your spark plugs but every 40-60K is this true?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pepboys and autozone told me yesterday that there is no reason to change your spark plugs but every 40-60K is this true?
Copper core plugs(OEM KJ plugs) are toast by 20k-25k,Platinum plugs are pretty much done at 50k(no matter the brand,OEM also).Iridium plugs last the longest but you need massive amounts of current(more then the KJ's coils produce) to take full advantage of them.

Just better to change then all out at 20k-30k intervals,there cheap and easy to do.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

Wasn't at the Autozone I work at,if you want them I will sell them to you,twice a week if you desire.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah i have been changing them at 15K, but might switch to 20K

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autolite Platinum(AP5224) or Double Platinum(APP5224). Take your pick:)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to ask...Induction Cleaning??? What is that? Just curious.
It's a 3 part fuel system cleaning.The 1st part is a concentrated cleaning solution that is sucked into the intake while the engine is running.2nd part is a throttle body cleaning(includes the IAC) while the engine is running.The 3rd part is a very concentrated injector cleaner poured into the gas tank.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 3 part fuel system cleaning.The 1st part is a concentrated cleaning solution that is sucked into the intake while the engine is running.2nd part is a throttle body cleaning(includes the IAC) while the engine is running.The 3rd part is a very concentrated injector cleaner poured into the gas tank.

seafoam.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh... i tried seafoam, and never got that smoke like your house is on fire smoke, so i have never used it again.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do mine once a year,no matter the mileage.Granted it's right after a induction cleaning and they pretty much need changing after that anyways.

Threadjack, TJ, what's your process for the induction cleaning?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks TJ, I just read upthread and saw it. Was about to delete my post. Any trouble with that concentrated injector cleaner on your O2 sensors?