Skyjacker coil-over lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this lift kit?
Skyjacker - 2.5" Liberty Platinum Series Linear Coil Suspension System - Fits 2002 to 2007 KJ Liberty - 4WD.com

It's a coil-over 2.5" lift by Skyjacker, it can be found on eBay for 600$, not a bad price for a coil-over! I guess we need to add to the price 2 new rear shocks (~120$) and it comes with front bump stops (but no plates/clevises).

Is it worth it? Good system?

Easy answer is no, spring rate same as stock
All front setups on KJs are coilover so no difference than any other lift like OME/ Ironman .
For 720 you can do a much better lift like using OME springs and using cheaper Bilstein shocks

Last edited:

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listen to Tom, I had the SkyJacker kit on my old KJ and wasn't impressed. Ride quality wasn't great (Unlike how they advertise it) and handling was poor.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock spring rate is 310 in front, Skyjacker is the same,
OME 927s are 400 lb much much better in ride and handling

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link you have in your first post shows a price of $873 when I click on it. For that price you can buy a full set of OME or Ironman springs and shocks with the better spring rate and great shocks.

You'll be much happier :waytogo:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the 2.5 lift kit by JBA. Does anyone have any experience with this vendor?

98.3 % of the people on here deal with JBA, I have two of his adjustable coilover lifts, and lots of other parts EXCELLENT place to deal

here is the last JBA coilover I installed on my 03, all 4 shocks are adjustable as far as compression and rebound, great kit
You must be registered for see images attach

Installed on the 03 set at 2.5 inches of lift and 265-70-16s on Moabs
4.10 gears ready to install as well

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online