2002 Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edunboro89

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First off I am a JKU guy and have not really ever work on IFS. we purchased a 2002 liberty a few years back for my son. The previous owner did a 2.5 lift with JBA coil overs. Well they died and in an attempt to keep the ride height (which I like), I installed stock struts with spacers. I am getting an issue after hitting a bump where the tire go way out of camber and the struts bottom out. I am guessing that because of the camber issue its stopping the struts from recovering. It does JBA upper control arms installed. I did have to get a set of strut perches from pull apart and noticed that they had a small tab at the bottom that I had to cutoff to get them to install. Would that be my issue ? I am wondering if that tab stops the camber issue. I have been looking around to see how to adjust the camber but I have not been able to find an help in that department. I am hoping that someone that has lifted one of these might be able to give me some help to where to look to fix my little problem. It's still in really good shape and I like driving it around town.

Thanks,

Rick Albrechta

Edunboro89

Reaction score
Spacer lifts are very poor compared to a proper spring lift. Have a search on here, there's lots of posts about lifts.
The JBA kit can be rebuilt, Ifhoward is having his done now.

https://www.jeepkj.com/members/lfhoward.15455/

Hi,

The JBAs are at the city dump. I was not very happy with them from the start. When I was looking for replacements the only thing I was able to find were spacers. Either removing the top of the strut and adding the spacer or bolting it to the top. I was not able to find what I would call larger coils (wrangler talk) for the liberty. I did contact JBA to see if they had any of the coil over left but no luck. He did mention stock springs with bilstien 5100 shocks. I am guessing you pull the strut apart and swap the shock. From the work on my JKU, I would think that I would have to swap the strut spring to something large to create the lift.

Rick A

scbison

Reaction score
I have been going through dozens and dozens of posts over the last few days trying to verify what the current best options are. I am pretty sure this is the best option right now. It is for me I think.

1" Lift
Front
Spring: Old Man Emu Lift Coil Springs 2925
Part Number: EMU-2925
Shock: Bilstein 24-139168
Rear
Spring: Old Man Emu Lift Coil Springs 2947
Part Number: EMU-2947
Shock: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks and Struts N132L
Part Number: EMU-N132L

2-2.5" lift:
Front:
Spring: Old Man Emu Lift Coil Springs 2927
Part Number: EMU-2927

Rear:
Spring: Old Man Emu Lift Coil Springs 2948
Part Number: EMU-2948

Hopefully I will correct quickly if I got anything wrong.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget about bump stops if you go for the 2” lift.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been going through dozens and dozens of posts over the last few days trying to verify what the current best options are. I am pretty sure this is the best option right now. It is for me I think.

1" Lift
Front
Rear

2-2.5" lift:
Front:

Rear:

Check out Rocky Road outfitters..I use them on my Kj,Xj and Zj people dog them but my Kj has been to moab all over AZ and cali with no suspension issues because of them..they might have what you need

James Akemon

Reaction score

1" Lift
Front
Rear

2-2.5" lift:
Front:

Rear:

Here ya go.
Front: OME 2927 Springs.( you'll want 2790 crd Springs if you add a bumper and winch)

Bilstein 24-139168 shocks

Tereflex bumpstop 1903200 ( call tereflex) or use the ebay poly unit.
Two, 2 inch conduit nuts for clevis spacer.

This will get you 3" in the front and daily for a 100 k easily. Due to using Lift springs the cv's will be happy as well.

Rear: ome 2948 Springs ( some have used JK springs with the pigtail cut off to fit)

Bilstein 33-185859 shocks ( 33-185552 will give you more travel, but need to be sleeved for the shock bolts)

Two, 1" hockey pucks per side in lower spring perch for extended bumpstops.

One extra spring isolator in the upper spring perch, for a total of 2. 3 will fit for more lift.

Finally a 4 inch furniture bracket to lower the rear brake line mount.